Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A Word of Encouragement for Everyone!-Long

Posted by NancyT on 10/05/00 at 23:11 (029910)

Hi Everyone: I also have just about recovered from a nasty year-long bout of PF. I always promised myself that if I ever did recover, I would be sure to post to this wonderful PF Board, and let you know that this IS a light at the end of the tunnel. Without this Board,I do not know what I would have done. I initially started with heel pain in May, 1998. I first went to my Orthopedic Surgeon, who has treated me previously for back problems due to an auto accident some four years ago, and I subsequently went to him for cortisone shots in my left hip, which, every six months, would cause me to bend over in pain while enduring muscle spasms. He ultimately gave me a cortisone shot to one heel, which contained a heel spur. It was very painful but successful. I have tried the German cream, every over the counter insert made by man, and still, I did not get relief.( I will add that Birks were a BIG help, and I still wear them when not in orthoditics.) In pain and desperation I went to a very good Pod, who right away stated that I had a biomechanical problem, and prescribed graphite, rigid orthoditics. It took me about two good weeks to be able to wear them all day, and what do you know! My pain gradually disappeared. As a by-product, I no longer have hip or back pain, and no more shots every 6 months. I never gave up searching for an answer, and my story is proof that our entire body is so interconnected that, indeed, one part does effect another. The heel spur developed (I had PF in both feet) as a result of my not walking correctly after the accident. I spent 4 days in agony with sciatica on the heel spur side, and wondered if I would ever walk anywhere again. I also wondered if I would ever be pain-free in my lifetime! As I stated, I promised myself that if I ever got better, I would be sure to let you know that this thing CAN be cured, and there is life afterall. Witout this Board's research and suport, I doubt that I would be where I am today, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Belive it or not, just after receiving my inserts at the end of June of this year, and beginning to feel great, I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease, which I contracted from a deer tic bite. It is not fun either, but I know that if I can beat PF I can certainly beat this. Once again, keep your chins up and remember that you can get over this by finding the right Doctor. That's what worked for me. God Bless!
NancyT

Re: A Word of Encouragement for Everyone!-Long

Kim B. on 10/05/00 at 23:32 (029916)

Hi Nancy T. What an inspiring story. It helps so much to be reminded about 'the light at the end of the tunnel'. I see it every once in a while too! I appreciate your post!! Don't be a stranger, we need the inspiration around here. Very interesting how the whole body is involved, btw.

Kim B.

Beverly on 10/06/00 at 23:19 (029981)

Thank you so much for your story. I needed to read that. How bad were you during your most acute period? What were your limitations?
I'm so glad for your recovery. It gives me hope.
Beverly

Kim B. on 10/05/00 at 23:32 (029916)

Hi Nancy T. What an inspiring story. It helps so much to be reminded about 'the light at the end of the tunnel'. I see it every once in a while too! I appreciate your post!! Don't be a stranger, we need the inspiration around here. Very interesting how the whole body is involved, btw.

Kim B.

Beverly on 10/06/00 at 23:19 (029981)

Thank you so much for your story. I needed to read that. How bad were you during your most acute period? What were your limitations?
I'm so glad for your recovery. It gives me hope.
Beverly