Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Clinical Study in NYC

Posted by VickiJ on 10/06/00 at 08:05 (029923)

I read here on the board regading a study being conducted at Montifiore in the Bronx...those of you who have been around these boards for a while might remember my skepticism when it was first being promoted here...my family is encouraging me to participate...since I'm a chronic sufferer...so I made the call and my first treatment will be in a couple ofweeks...then a second a couple of weeks after that with a follow up exam in December. If I end up being part of the placebo group and the tests prove beneficial I will be offered free treatments later on. I'm encouraged by all the good reports here over the past year or so, but I remain skeptical, or maybe I'm just too afraid to hope for too much. Anyway, I've decided to go through it and see if I can finally get my life back. It's been three years since I could walk, etc. Yes, I'll post my experience when there is something to report.

Re: Clinical Study in NYC

Nancy N on 10/06/00 at 16:09 (029952)

Vicki--

I've been part of this study since August. I think you'll find that Craig and Dr. Naidoo will be more than happy to answer your questions, and they are also very concerned that everything go well during the treatment, so if you have any concerns or questions, or if something is overly uncomfortable, do let them know.

A friend of mine has also gone to the study, and based on her experience and mine, we are pretty sure that she got the real thing and I did not. Just so you know, the treatment can be quite uncomfortable, both during and after. It took about a week for the residual pain in my friend's foot to subside--but once it did, she felt markedly better than she did before. By contrast, I have had both treatments and haven't noticed any huge difference.

Good luck, and if you have any questions about where to go, how to get there, etc, do let me know.

Re: Clinical Study in NYC

Nancy N on 10/06/00 at 16:09 (029952)

Vicki--

I've been part of this study since August. I think you'll find that Craig and Dr. Naidoo will be more than happy to answer your questions, and they are also very concerned that everything go well during the treatment, so if you have any concerns or questions, or if something is overly uncomfortable, do let them know.

A friend of mine has also gone to the study, and based on her experience and mine, we are pretty sure that she got the real thing and I did not. Just so you know, the treatment can be quite uncomfortable, both during and after. It took about a week for the residual pain in my friend's foot to subside--but once it did, she felt markedly better than she did before. By contrast, I have had both treatments and haven't noticed any huge difference.

Good luck, and if you have any questions about where to go, how to get there, etc, do let me know.