Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

confused about eswt and posterior tibial dysfunction

Posted by kervin on 10/06/00 at 12:41 (029935)

Dr. Biehler told me ESWT is not going to help with the posterior tibial dysfunction, if that is what you have. It can help with the healing of the bone where the tendon inserts.

eswt can help w/my fracture of the accessory navicular from the ossicle. if my navicular is better will my posterior tibial dysfunction get better?...since my PTT inserts into the navicular.

Re: confused about eswt and posterior tibial dysfunction

Dr. Biehler on 10/06/00 at 19:12 (029966)

That is a possibility and why you could try ESWT before you resort to surgery. Dr. B.

Re: confused about eswt

KERVIN on 10/09/00 at 13:45 (030101)

i want to try eswt for my fracture of the accessory navicular from the ossicle. but...how do they know where to perform the estw? do they take xrays, MRIs...?
i was also told i have cysts on my tendon...can they help w/that?

thank you,

kervin

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 07:50 (030152)

X-rays will work , but it depends on the doctor. You can not treat a tendon or cyst with ESWT. Dr. B.

Re: confused about eswt and posterior tibial dysfunction

Dr. Biehler on 10/06/00 at 19:12 (029966)

That is a possibility and why you could try ESWT before you resort to surgery. Dr. B.

KERVIN on 10/09/00 at 13:45 (030101)

i want to try eswt for my fracture of the accessory navicular from the ossicle. but...how do they know where to perform the estw? do they take xrays, MRIs...?
i was also told i have cysts on my tendon...can they help w/that?

thank you,

kervin

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 07:50 (030152)

X-rays will work , but it depends on the doctor. You can not treat a tendon or cyst with ESWT. Dr. B.