Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has anyone used a TENS unit for PF pain?

Posted by Amy D. on 10/09/00 at 08:23 (030085)

I had 3/4 pf release on 09-05-00 and have been having some pain. My mother had a TENS unit that she had been using for her back pain and I called my doctor to ask if I could try it. The doctor said that would not be a problem. I tried it and it cut the pain in half. So I called my doctor back and she wrote a prescription for me to get a TENS unit. I have been using it for about 4 days and 99% of the pain is gone in the surgery foot. Has anyone else tried this? Did it Help?
Thanks for your input.

Re: Has anyone used a TENS unit for PF pain?

Dr. Biehler on 10/09/00 at 10:04 (030087)

For some people the TENs units works and for others it doesn't. Where did you place the pads and what setting did you run the TENs unit at? Dr. B.

Barbara TX on 10/09/00 at 10:35 (030090)

Amy - I tried the TENS unit when my pain was very severe. It only heled for awhile, and I had to change the patterns of the shocks very frequently to 'fool' my foot. It helped me get to sleep for awhile - I would leave it on all night. B.

Dr. Biehler on 10/09/00 at 10:04 (030087)

For some people the TENs units works and for others it doesn't. Where did you place the pads and what setting did you run the TENs unit at? Dr. B.

Barbara TX on 10/09/00 at 10:35 (030090)

Amy - I tried the TENS unit when my pain was very severe. It only heled for awhile, and I had to change the patterns of the shocks very frequently to 'fool' my foot. It helped me get to sleep for awhile - I would leave it on all night. B.