Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can I save my other foot even though it has symptoms

Posted by Tricia on 10/09/00 at 10:55 (030092)

Hi, I've had TTS in my left foot for about 6 weeks- both feet had very sore balls of the feet before it started and I saw a Podiatrist for that pain as well as heel pain (both my feet had hairline fractures from a car accident in 1980)and I have new orthotics. Now I can use a massager on my right foot and feel the pain under the ankle. While sitting or walking I get pain along the inside of the bottom of the foot and sometimes get hot zinging pains in the toes- its started- any to keep it from happening- I like to feel my toes!!! I take Neurontin which stops the pain but does it stop the progress of the TTS?

Re: Can I save my other foot even though it has symptoms

Kim B. on 10/09/00 at 16:52 (030111)

Tricia, I am not a doctor, try posting this to either the 'TTS' board or the 'ask the doctor' board.

I suffer with FM (fibromyagia) and when certian nerves or muscles get aggevated, I have found that if I can stop 'the cycle of pain' I am ahead of the game. My FM moves around alot, so I have to nurse certian area as they become inflammed. My point from a laymans' chronic pain suffer point of view, is that I think it is benificial to do what you can to stop pain before it gets out of hand, because I heard and I believe that pain builds on pain. I hope this makes a little sense and someone more qualified than me can help you with your question too.

Regards, Kim B.

wendyn on 10/09/00 at 22:55 (030142)

To the best of my knowledge - this drug treats symptoms - not TTS itself. The most important thing to determine when dealing with TTS is...what is causing the problem? Have they determined this in your case?

Tricia on 10/10/00 at 10:47 (030163)

I think the docs are assuming it was the trauma caused to both feet- I was in a car accident in 1980 and both feet slammed against the floor of the car and suffered tremendous brusing and hairline fractures. I have had a lot of pain in the ball of my feet the last year or so- so much so that I had just seen a podiatrist and gotten orthotics.

Kim B. on 10/09/00 at 16:52 (030111)

Tricia, I am not a doctor, try posting this to either the 'TTS' board or the 'ask the doctor' board.

I suffer with FM (fibromyagia) and when certian nerves or muscles get aggevated, I have found that if I can stop 'the cycle of pain' I am ahead of the game. My FM moves around alot, so I have to nurse certian area as they become inflammed. My point from a laymans' chronic pain suffer point of view, is that I think it is benificial to do what you can to stop pain before it gets out of hand, because I heard and I believe that pain builds on pain. I hope this makes a little sense and someone more qualified than me can help you with your question too.

Regards, Kim B.

wendyn on 10/09/00 at 22:55 (030142)

To the best of my knowledge - this drug treats symptoms - not TTS itself. The most important thing to determine when dealing with TTS is...what is causing the problem? Have they determined this in your case?

Tricia on 10/10/00 at 10:47 (030163)

I think the docs are assuming it was the trauma caused to both feet- I was in a car accident in 1980 and both feet slammed against the floor of the car and suffered tremendous brusing and hairline fractures. I have had a lot of pain in the ball of my feet the last year or so- so much so that I had just seen a podiatrist and gotten orthotics.