Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Neotrofin for Nerve repair in TTS

Posted by Bob Ray on 10/09/00 at 13:56 (030102)

I understand they are in 3rd stage trials with Neotrofin for Alzheimers, because it repairs nerves. Could this drug have any use in the treatment of nerve damage with respect to TTS? The drug is sold by NeoThapeutics.
I have tried the whole 9 yards of treatment including surgery and ESWT and still no relief. So now what?

Re: Neotrofin for Nerve repair in TTS

Dr. Biehler on 10/09/00 at 16:08 (030109)

At this point it is very hard to get any published information on neptrophin with which to do extrapolations with. Dr. B.

Bob Ray on 10/09/00 at 22:49 (030141)

This is what I just pulled off of Neo Therapeutic's web site:

NeoTherapeutics, Inc., is a leader in the field of nerve regeneration. The company's most advanced drug candidate, Neotrofin(TM), is currently being developed for Alzheimer's disease as its first indication, and is being tested in late-stage, controlled clinical studies involving some 2000 patients worldwide. In animal models of cognitive decline, aging and spinal cord injury, Neotrofin(TM) has been shown to restore function. Recent data has also demonstrated the ability of Neotrofin(TM) to reduce beta-amyloid accumulation in cell culture.

NeoTherapeutics' research and development program is focused on designing and developing small molecules capable of treating neurological diseases and conditions such as, peripheral neuropathy, spinal cord injury, stroke and Parkinson's disease.

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 06:28 (030148)

Bob, this sounds great. If the tts is being caused by nerve compression in the tunnel, the compression needs to be gotten off the nerve. Thanks for the information. I am going to try and follow the results with neotrofin. Dr. B.

Bob Ray on 10/11/00 at 00:45 (030260)

Thanks for the quick reply.
How can we TTS sufferers become part of their trials?Hell, I'll try anything at this point. Both Alpha Lipoic Acid and Natural B-12 are suppose to help restore nerves. But they haven't worked for me. I think the B-12 is suppose to be injected, but my Pod won't do it.He's a believer in cortesone. I quit after the 3rd injection. I had a Tijuana doctor , who said he would get me some B-12, but he never came thru.

Dr. Biehler on 10/09/00 at 16:08 (030109)

At this point it is very hard to get any published information on neptrophin with which to do extrapolations with. Dr. B.

Bob Ray on 10/09/00 at 22:49 (030141)

This is what I just pulled off of Neo Therapeutic's web site:

NeoTherapeutics, Inc., is a leader in the field of nerve regeneration. The company's most advanced drug candidate, Neotrofin(TM), is currently being developed for Alzheimer's disease as its first indication, and is being tested in late-stage, controlled clinical studies involving some 2000 patients worldwide. In animal models of cognitive decline, aging and spinal cord injury, Neotrofin(TM) has been shown to restore function. Recent data has also demonstrated the ability of Neotrofin(TM) to reduce beta-amyloid accumulation in cell culture.

NeoTherapeutics' research and development program is focused on designing and developing small molecules capable of treating neurological diseases and conditions such as, peripheral neuropathy, spinal cord injury, stroke and Parkinson's disease.

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 06:28 (030148)

Bob, this sounds great. If the tts is being caused by nerve compression in the tunnel, the compression needs to be gotten off the nerve. Thanks for the information. I am going to try and follow the results with neotrofin. Dr. B.

Bob Ray on 10/11/00 at 00:45 (030260)

Thanks for the quick reply.
How can we TTS sufferers become part of their trials?Hell, I'll try anything at this point. Both Alpha Lipoic Acid and Natural B-12 are suppose to help restore nerves. But they haven't worked for me. I think the B-12 is suppose to be injected, but my Pod won't do it.He's a believer in cortesone. I quit after the 3rd injection. I had a Tijuana doctor , who said he would get me some B-12, but he never came thru.