Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Barbara TX, Please Step Forward and Take a Bow

Posted by Nancy S. on 10/09/00 at 15:49 (030107)

I'm not sure everyone saw Scott's post, that you are Dr. C. Huey Lewi and Barbara TX all rolled into one. Please take a bow. Here here! Cheers! 'Bravo Bravo Bravo'! You're one in 6 billion! Thank you!

Re: Barbara TX, Please Step Forward and Take a Bow

JudyS on 10/09/00 at 15:58 (030108)

Why is Scott sure that TexBarb is the culprit?

john a on 10/09/00 at 16:17 (030110)

Because he has the IP addresses that each message came from and can see that TexBarb and Dr. Lewi have the same one, and so must be posting from the same computer. So, it's either TexBarb or someone else in her house :-)

Kim B. on 10/09/00 at 16:59 (030113)

Sneaky, Sneaky, Talented Tex Barbara! Come on out of the closet. You're safe and amoung friends. It just goes to prove that PF sufferers are a highly evolved and intelligent species. :-) Kim B.

Re: Scott complaining again about non-foot pain posts

Scott R on 10/09/00 at 17:03 (030114)

It's nice to have good humor such as 'Dr' Lewi's that I can compile for future use. Maybe even place it in a book someday. But there have been too many posts made lately that do not have anything to do with heel pain, humor, or even support. Just a bunch of friends talking and sometimes having fun. Far be it for me to prevent that, but my motivations are at odds with many posters. I am only interested in helping people with foot pain and improving heelspurs.com. Many others here are posting because it's fun. The search function will soon become useless if there are too many non-foot pain, non-humor discussions. I'm NOT talking about 'Dr' Lewi because HE is making valuable posts. So we either have to cut way back on idle talk such as 30 posts wondering who Dr. Lewi is, or I have to declare the social board to be for non-foot pain discussion and completely excluded it from being archived and search. I finally got my provider to extend it to 40,000 files, but the search function still has to open every recent message. Have you noticed how long it takes these days to do a search? The length of posts is not a problem (I've got 100 MB left to play with). It's the number of non-heel pain posts that hurts.

There is another option that will hopefully work: a button that the poster of the message makes that decides if the post is saved for future searches.

JudyS on 10/09/00 at 17:16 (030115)

Scott, thanks, yet again, for wanting to accomodate our non-PF fun and games. I hope that I'm not too ignorant here in asking if the Social Board has to be archived at all. I know that we do get some topic-overflow to it but so much of the information is repetative anyway and does show up on the other boards - Do the other boards do a fine job of identifying pertinant categories?

Re: testing exclusion field

Scott R on 10/09/00 at 18:10 (030116)

test. This message should be the first one that lets the replys exclude themselves from future searches.

Re: test

scott R on 10/09/00 at 18:11 (030117)

test

test on 10/09/00 at 18:11 (030118)

test

Re: finished

Scott R on 10/09/00 at 18:14 (030119)

Man that was easy, only 5 minutes of programming. There will be an x at the end of each message that the poster has chosen to exclude.
x

JudyS on 10/09/00 at 15:58 (030108)

Why is Scott sure that TexBarb is the culprit?

john a on 10/09/00 at 16:17 (030110)

Because he has the IP addresses that each message came from and can see that TexBarb and Dr. Lewi have the same one, and so must be posting from the same computer. So, it's either TexBarb or someone else in her house :-)

Kim B. on 10/09/00 at 16:59 (030113)

Sneaky, Sneaky, Talented Tex Barbara! Come on out of the closet. You're safe and amoung friends. It just goes to prove that PF sufferers are a highly evolved and intelligent species. :-) Kim B.

Scott R on 10/09/00 at 17:03 (030114)

It's nice to have good humor such as 'Dr' Lewi's that I can compile for future use. Maybe even place it in a book someday. But there have been too many posts made lately that do not have anything to do with heel pain, humor, or even support. Just a bunch of friends talking and sometimes having fun. Far be it for me to prevent that, but my motivations are at odds with many posters. I am only interested in helping people with foot pain and improving heelspurs.com. Many others here are posting because it's fun. The search function will soon become useless if there are too many non-foot pain, non-humor discussions. I'm NOT talking about 'Dr' Lewi because HE is making valuable posts. So we either have to cut way back on idle talk such as 30 posts wondering who Dr. Lewi is, or I have to declare the social board to be for non-foot pain discussion and completely excluded it from being archived and search. I finally got my provider to extend it to 40,000 files, but the search function still has to open every recent message. Have you noticed how long it takes these days to do a search? The length of posts is not a problem (I've got 100 MB left to play with). It's the number of non-heel pain posts that hurts.

There is another option that will hopefully work: a button that the poster of the message makes that decides if the post is saved for future searches.

JudyS on 10/09/00 at 17:16 (030115)

Scott, thanks, yet again, for wanting to accomodate our non-PF fun and games. I hope that I'm not too ignorant here in asking if the Social Board has to be archived at all. I know that we do get some topic-overflow to it but so much of the information is repetative anyway and does show up on the other boards - Do the other boards do a fine job of identifying pertinant categories?

Re: testing exclusion field

Scott R on 10/09/00 at 18:10 (030116)

test. This message should be the first one that lets the replys exclude themselves from future searches.

scott R on 10/09/00 at 18:11 (030117)

test

test on 10/09/00 at 18:11 (030118)

test

Re: finished

Scott R on 10/09/00 at 18:14 (030119)

Man that was easy, only 5 minutes of programming. There will be an x at the end of each message that the poster has chosen to exclude.
x