Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Swollen, Extreme Pain

Posted by Anna on 10/10/00 at 06:21 (030147)

I am worried about my Mother, she has a pretty big knot on the back of her heel. It is hard, and I've told her to go to the doctor, and she won't. She has both leg and foot pain, and also she is overweight. Is there any information that I can give her about what it might be, so that in that case I may jude be able to talk her into going to see a doctor. She's scared of doctors, and doesn't want it to be anything serious, yet I know the worse thing that she is doing in denying a trip to the doctor. She just shrugs that pain off, even though it makes her walk with a limp. The back of her heel looks almost as if a bone is sticking out, or something. Any clue as to what this might be?

Re: Heel Swollen, Extreme Pain

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 07:46 (030151)

She might have a fractured heel. If she has osteoporosis it isn't that hard to do. She needs to be evaluated before complications set in. Your discription covers alot of ground. Dr. B.

Re: Heel Swollen, Extreme Pain

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 07:46 (030151)

She might have a fractured heel. If she has osteoporosis it isn't that hard to do. She needs to be evaluated before complications set in. Your discription covers alot of ground. Dr. B.