Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orbasone followup

Posted by john h on 10/10/00 at 16:32 (030188)

it has been 18 days since my second orbasone treatment to both feet. my feet are better than they were before treatment with most improvement showing in last 3 days. the point of pain (where fascia from great toe attaches to heel) is more narrowly focused than it was. there is a pea size nodule in the pain area which can be reduced in size by massage. this is the point where 1500 of the shockwaves was administered. i am on my feet 6-8 hours a day in my job activities and ride a bike for 30 minutes and walk a mile 3 times a week. also do some weights to keep my he-man body. ice once or twice a day and massage my feet once a day. do not do a lot of foot stretching. i keep a daily pain diary and my pain level is now in the 1.5 -2.5 level for the past week. prior to orbasone it would range up to 5-6. i still have not tried jogging or long walks yet but hope springs eternal.
i do think that ESWT works for many people.

Re: Orbasone followup

Kate on 10/10/00 at 17:52 (030204)

John,
We're happy to hear that you're feeling relief!
But does that mean you won't come to visit anymore?
I hope you're keeping up with your personal foot trainer!
Glad to hear you're doing so well!
Kate

john h on 10/10/00 at 18:06 (030206)

kate: i am better but not cured.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/00 at 18:32 (030211)

It probaby is none of my business, Dr. Lewi but how many patient can you see in that 6-8 hours. John alot of improvement is in the six to twelve weeks according to the Big guys from Europe. So lets see what what happens in the next six to twelve weeks. In addition the European studies show that accumulative shockwave equal more relief.

I will be more then willing to go a third rounds if you want.

john h on 10/10/00 at 18:40 (030217)

dr z: i read that 'acculamative shock wave treatment' equals more relief. it sure does not work that way with a wife. 'acculamative wife treatment' equals more pain.

Barbara TX on 10/10/00 at 23:14 (030256)

HELLO JOHN! You sound like you are doing great... It gives me hope that the zap will work for me as well. If I could be doing the things you are doing now, I'd be crazy with joy. I walked to a new pool today- about a half-block, and barely made it, but for me, this is progress. A lot of progress. But, I seemed to have stalled in the past month in the rate of progress, so I figure now is the time for the zap. Congrats, Babs

john h on 10/11/00 at 09:18 (030272)

when are you going for your treatment barb?

Barbara TX on 10/11/00 at 09:36 (030274)

John - I'm going in about a week. Can't wait! I really hope it works in one shot, although I know I may have to go back. Since I hate being away from the kids and I hate dealing with feet, I may reward myself and cruise up to Amish country and buy a quilt in Lancaster. My flight leaves two days after my treatment, and so I will have lots of time on my hands. I hope my rental car is adequately cool so I can cruise around in my shades and the radio blasting - no one will know that I'm a gimp. I will be the envy of the Amish! Cars are so wonderful to me now, and I love driving. I think I would drive up from Texas if my husband would let me. B.

Kate on 10/10/00 at 17:52 (030204)

John,
We're happy to hear that you're feeling relief!
But does that mean you won't come to visit anymore?
I hope you're keeping up with your personal foot trainer!
Glad to hear you're doing so well!
Kate

john h on 10/10/00 at 18:06 (030206)

kate: i am better but not cured.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/00 at 18:32 (030211)

It probaby is none of my business, Dr. Lewi but how many patient can you see in that 6-8 hours. John alot of improvement is in the six to twelve weeks according to the Big guys from Europe. So lets see what what happens in the next six to twelve weeks. In addition the European studies show that accumulative shockwave equal more relief.

I will be more then willing to go a third rounds if you want.

john h on 10/10/00 at 18:40 (030217)

dr z: i read that 'acculamative shock wave treatment' equals more relief. it sure does not work that way with a wife. 'acculamative wife treatment' equals more pain.

Barbara TX on 10/10/00 at 23:14 (030256)

HELLO JOHN! You sound like you are doing great... It gives me hope that the zap will work for me as well. If I could be doing the things you are doing now, I'd be crazy with joy. I walked to a new pool today- about a half-block, and barely made it, but for me, this is progress. A lot of progress. But, I seemed to have stalled in the past month in the rate of progress, so I figure now is the time for the zap. Congrats, Babs

john h on 10/11/00 at 09:18 (030272)

when are you going for your treatment barb?

Barbara TX on 10/11/00 at 09:36 (030274)

John - I'm going in about a week. Can't wait! I really hope it works in one shot, although I know I may have to go back. Since I hate being away from the kids and I hate dealing with feet, I may reward myself and cruise up to Amish country and buy a quilt in Lancaster. My flight leaves two days after my treatment, and so I will have lots of time on my hands. I hope my rental car is adequately cool so I can cruise around in my shades and the radio blasting - no one will know that I'm a gimp. I will be the envy of the Amish! Cars are so wonderful to me now, and I love driving. I think I would drive up from Texas if my husband would let me. B.