Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I need to calm down !!!! I have a question for either doctors..PLEASE.

Posted by Laurie R on 10/10/00 at 18:37 (030216)

Dearest Doctor's
Here's the thing. I take Vicodin for pain. I need to have an MRI and I have major anxiety ,my Pod gave me Valium to calm my nerves and I am scared to take it.I have taken it in the past . Now how long should I wait after taking the Vicodin before I can take the the Valium. I only want to take a half of one 5 mi.

Thank you ,if you can tell me I would really appreciate it. I need to start calming down . Laurie R

Re: I need to calm down !!!! I have a question for either doctors..PLEASE.

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 19:22 (030224)

The two drugs work through different pathways. You should be able to take them at the same time. Dr. B.

Laurie R on 10/10/00 at 19:49 (030232)

Thank you so much. I am a big chicken when it comes to taking pills. But now I need them I really have no choice. Thank's again DR.Laurie R

Dr., Zuckerman on 10/10/00 at 21:19 (030243)

Just got my mother thru the same problem. Drugs drugs. Three valium 10mgs one hour before and have someone drive you. If you still feel scared or uptight then pop other one. Five mgs. isn't going to help you . I want you to sleep thru this. It was really cute to see my mommy sleeping during the procedure. I wanted anesthesia to come and sedate her but they were too busy. How dare them . Laurie my cousin i will get you thru this.

Laurie R on 10/10/00 at 21:43 (030249)

Dr Z,
You had me laughing out loud !!!!!! 3 Three Valium ,I am scared toeven take a half of one.I know out of anyone you are happy I am going to be having an MRI.Right????? I remenber months ago you said I needed to have one. Doc ,I have been going down hill ever since I got my cast off last Friday .PAIN PAIN PAIN..... If you lived by me Dr Z you know I would be having you go with me to have this done. They said I can bring my own CD's .I don't know if you read my post on the other board but, I will be having an 'Open MRI' done no tube. I will let you know how it turns out. I just need to calm down. I have so much anxiety .Now I am scared that I have nerve damage. What do you do if someone has nerve damage in there foot? Thanks Dr .Z my sweet cousin.... Laurie R

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 01:00 (030261)

Great idea mri. I am serious if you are going to take valium take as much as you need. Start with 5mg 90 minutes before the procedure then take another one each thirty minutes until you feel very comforable. There is no way valium is going to kill you. This isn't valley of the dolls. Did you ever see the movie with Patti Duke.??
The mri will rule out anything that could be pressing in the tarsal tunnel area and a very good evaluation for the entire foot and ankle.
Very proud of you that you are in control of your health . One out of two isn't bad in control of your health, and out of control about your health. just joking trying to make you laugh. They say that laughter is the best medicine. I hope that I am giving you a good dose of medicine.

Dr. Biehler on 10/10/00 at 19:22 (030224)

The two drugs work through different pathways. You should be able to take them at the same time. Dr. B.

Laurie R on 10/10/00 at 19:49 (030232)

Thank you so much. I am a big chicken when it comes to taking pills. But now I need them I really have no choice. Thank's again DR.Laurie R

Dr., Zuckerman on 10/10/00 at 21:19 (030243)

Just got my mother thru the same problem. Drugs drugs. Three valium 10mgs one hour before and have someone drive you. If you still feel scared or uptight then pop other one. Five mgs. isn't going to help you . I want you to sleep thru this. It was really cute to see my mommy sleeping during the procedure. I wanted anesthesia to come and sedate her but they were too busy. How dare them . Laurie my cousin i will get you thru this.

Laurie R on 10/10/00 at 21:43 (030249)

Dr Z,
You had me laughing out loud !!!!!! 3 Three Valium ,I am scared toeven take a half of one.I know out of anyone you are happy I am going to be having an MRI.Right????? I remenber months ago you said I needed to have one. Doc ,I have been going down hill ever since I got my cast off last Friday .PAIN PAIN PAIN..... If you lived by me Dr Z you know I would be having you go with me to have this done. They said I can bring my own CD's .I don't know if you read my post on the other board but, I will be having an 'Open MRI' done no tube. I will let you know how it turns out. I just need to calm down. I have so much anxiety .Now I am scared that I have nerve damage. What do you do if someone has nerve damage in there foot? Thanks Dr .Z my sweet cousin.... Laurie R

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 01:00 (030261)

Great idea mri. I am serious if you are going to take valium take as much as you need. Start with 5mg 90 minutes before the procedure then take another one each thirty minutes until you feel very comforable. There is no way valium is going to kill you. This isn't valley of the dolls. Did you ever see the movie with Patti Duke.??
The mri will rule out anything that could be pressing in the tarsal tunnel area and a very good evaluation for the entire foot and ankle.
Very proud of you that you are in control of your health . One out of two isn't bad in control of your health, and out of control about your health. just joking trying to make you laugh. They say that laughter is the best medicine. I hope that I am giving you a good dose of medicine.