Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Achilles pain after epf surgery...what is going on?

Posted by T. Hurst on 10/10/00 at 20:15 (030234)

I'm a little past 2 months post-op epf on both feet. I've had one complication...lateral destabilization of the calcaneocuboid joint. This was fully alleviated by a cuboid pad at about one month after surgery. I have steadily been improving and felt as if I could walk unlimited until just recently (the past week). All of the sudden I have developed a constant ache in my achilles tendon along the back of my heel in the same foot. It hurts more with the strain of walking, but also hurts some when I'm off my feet. My other foot ('the good one') does not have any complications. What is going on and what should I do? I have an appointment with my doctor in a couple weeks.

Re: Achilles pain after epf surgery...what is going on?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/00 at 21:16 (030241)

Here is the deal with pf release. Pain and or discomfort anywhere any time for at least six months. Just the facts .Will get better. Rest. Hot Soak ( Yes not ice). No bare feet. Don't walk like that again unlimited is a no no. Don't worry I have seen this thousands of times and you will get better. Perfect is another story.

Re: Achilles pain after epf surgery...what is going on?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/00 at 21:16 (030241)

Here is the deal with pf release. Pain and or discomfort anywhere any time for at least six months. Just the facts .Will get better. Rest. Hot Soak ( Yes not ice). No bare feet. Don't walk like that again unlimited is a no no. Don't worry I have seen this thousands of times and you will get better. Perfect is another story.