Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur

Posted by Jacquelynj on 10/11/00 at 10:34 (030279)

do you all way need surgery on heel spur becaues everyone i know who has had them done alway say there heel still hurt even after the surgery why my brother is hav ing his second heel spur surgery done some time this month please

Re: heel spur

Dr. Biehler on 10/11/00 at 12:29 (030286)

ESWT is the alternative to heel spur surgery. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 17:49 (030313)

This is one of the reason why I have been doing ESWT for the past years. I have done close to one thousand heel spur operations. I find that it is a very effective procedure except for two problems

1. Could take up to six months or more to heal with pain
2. A small percentage will have pain for the rest of their lives after the surgery sometimes even worse then before the surgery.

With ESWT the many complication that you see with heel spur surgery are gone. We have done many patients that have had previous heel spur surgery and resolved the original heel pain with ESWT

JACQUELYN on 10/12/00 at 13:08 (030369)

WHAT IS ESWT

Dr. Biehler on 10/11/00 at 12:29 (030286)

ESWT is the alternative to heel spur surgery. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 17:49 (030313)

This is one of the reason why I have been doing ESWT for the past years. I have done close to one thousand heel spur operations. I find that it is a very effective procedure except for two problems

1. Could take up to six months or more to heal with pain
2. A small percentage will have pain for the rest of their lives after the surgery sometimes even worse then before the surgery.

With ESWT the many complication that you see with heel spur surgery are gone. We have done many patients that have had previous heel spur surgery and resolved the original heel pain with ESWT

JACQUELYN on 10/12/00 at 13:08 (030369)

WHAT IS ESWT