Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 weeks ESWT - Back from Vegas

Posted by Molly on 10/11/00 at 10:50 (030281)

Hello all. It has been 3 weeks since I was treated with ESWT at Dr. Ostendorf's clinic in Ft. Myers, Florida (posted below). I'm doing fine. I would say I'm 50 percent better than before and I'm hoping in the weeks to follow that I will continue to improve.

I was in Las Vegas for a week returning yesterday and I will admit that it was a bit of a struggle for me. I took my crutches walking with them only to keep the weight of my foot, I used them as you would use a cane. I had such a fear of 'reinjuring'. My family was very interested in touring the huge hotels as we are not big gamblers and just the size of them scared me to death. Vegas is one big Disney World, a walker's heaven and a PFer's hell. I did take some of your advice and got that wheelchair for those big huge hotels (they were FREE!). They saved my life actually. Got one at every hotel. Got a new respect for the disabled, very hard to get used to all the stares, what a life to lead. Well, I'm home now and I don't think I did too much damage to my foot, I guess a few more days/weeks will tell. Hope you are all doing well.

Molly