Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NERVE DAMAGE .......

Posted by Laurie R on 10/11/00 at 11:42 (030283)

Hi Doctor's,
Yes another question..... Now ,if it does turn out I have nerve damage in my foot ,what is the treatment for it?I have PF and TTS.....And will nerve damage show up in the MRI? Thank again ..
Yes my dear Dr.Z you did make me laugh ,I need to laugh.....Laurie R

Re: NERVE DAMAGE .......

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 13:25 (030292)

What will show if there something pressing against the nerve in addition the mri will take a look at all of the tendon in the tarsal tunnel area . The anatomy of the tunnel goes like this. Tom, Dick , and Harry this mean

Tom: Tibialis Posterior
Dick: Flexor Digitorium Longus

Harry: Flexor Hallucis Longus

And: Artery: Posterior tibial artery

N in and : Posterior Tibial nerve.

So there is alot of anatomy that could be against the nerve . For example . if you have a severe thicking or swelling of any one of the above structures it could be pressing on the nerve. This tunnel is a very small tunnel

Re: NERVE DAMAGE .......

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 13:25 (030292)

What will show if there something pressing against the nerve in addition the mri will take a look at all of the tendon in the tarsal tunnel area . The anatomy of the tunnel goes like this. Tom, Dick , and Harry this mean

Tom: Tibialis Posterior
Dick: Flexor Digitorium Longus

Harry: Flexor Hallucis Longus

And: Artery: Posterior tibial artery

N in and : Posterior Tibial nerve.

So there is alot of anatomy that could be against the nerve . For example . if you have a severe thicking or swelling of any one of the above structures it could be pressing on the nerve. This tunnel is a very small tunnel