Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciitis

Posted by Rachel B on 10/11/00 at 18:23 (030315)

Is it possible to have Plantar Fasciitis without twisting, spraining your ankle or foot before. I work on cement floors all day and wear steel toed shoes, and I am on my feet for 8 hours a day. It hurts from my heel right into my lower back. Please can you be precise.
Thank You very much

Re: Plantar fasciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 18:47 (030318)

Cement is a major contribution to pf. The function in simple terms is that the plantar fascia is like shocks on a car. The pf has many fibers like a piece of celery. The average human weighing 125lbs and walks three thousand steps each day will lift a total of 125,000 lbs of his or her own body weight. So being on cement and lifting at least 125,000 each day on hard cement will cause the celery-like fiber in the plantar fascia to become swollen, pain and sometimes tear . When the fibers tear at the attachment (the heel bone). The human body will respond by laying down calcification which is called a heel spur. Now when this happens the rest of your body including the back will compensate and begin to hurt You must take action befoe this get our of hand. Start by reading Scott Roberts onlline book on pf. Good luck. If you need additional clarification let me know.

Re: Plantar fasciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/00 at 18:47 (030318)

Cement is a major contribution to pf. The function in simple terms is that the plantar fascia is like shocks on a car. The pf has many fibers like a piece of celery. The average human weighing 125lbs and walks three thousand steps each day will lift a total of 125,000 lbs of his or her own body weight. So being on cement and lifting at least 125,000 each day on hard cement will cause the celery-like fiber in the plantar fascia to become swollen, pain and sometimes tear . When the fibers tear at the attachment (the heel bone). The human body will respond by laying down calcification which is called a heel spur. Now when this happens the rest of your body including the back will compensate and begin to hurt You must take action befoe this get our of hand. Start by reading Scott Roberts onlline book on pf. Good luck. If you need additional clarification let me know.