Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

dfeet,ie, two of them-not defeated

Posted by dfeet on 10/11/00 at 20:25 (030331)

Hi, all.
Sorry for the intermittent posts. I'm almost afraid to post and say, but I'm doing pretty well these days. For those of you who don't know my 'story', I'll briefly say I've had TTS for over 8mos bilaterally-from acute and cannot walk to moderate symptoms. I am now resuming mild athletics(tennis again,hiking) with mild discomfort. I'm not 'cured', but I seem to be having less 'setbacks' and am able to get on with some normalcy. Although my shoes are very ugly-Merrel jungle mocs with semi-rigid orthotics, I am doing well.(Like I said, I'm almost afraid to say). I'm still attending PT(for my back and neck). I've since gotten a new position,which is a striking difference from the last one-I'm able to sit a little more. Less time on my feet means rest. I think that( and it's been stated before, I think by BobG.) rest, being much more in tune with my body, paying attention to my shoes(no matter how ugly they are),a great physical therapist , a great physician, stretching, IB and IB cream, nightsplints, ice, time, have all contributed to my progress.

My shoes and hiking boots have tremendously helped. I can wear my hiking boots without orthotics( they are very rigid boots, traditional mountaineering, but oh so wonderful.) Name is Scarpa. A little pricey, but worth every penny. I truly think the footwear, PT and resting were the keys. There is hope. For many , like myself, the treatments and what works are so diverse. But stick with it. The frustration doesn't end, but keep trying. Best wishes to all-dfeet

Re: dfeet,ie, two of them-not defeated

john h on 10/20/00 at 10:46 (030914)

one of the causes of tts can be a vericose vein in the tarsal tunnel. if you have tts an inexpensive way that might help your condition is support stockings. they can reduce the size of the vericose vein and perhaps associated pain.

john h on 10/20/00 at 10:49 (030915)

an orthopedic surgeon advised very much against deep massage around the ankle if you have tts. it can cause damage he advised.

john h on 10/20/00 at 10:46 (030914)

one of the causes of tts can be a vericose vein in the tarsal tunnel. if you have tts an inexpensive way that might help your condition is support stockings. they can reduce the size of the vericose vein and perhaps associated pain.

john h on 10/20/00 at 10:49 (030915)

an orthopedic surgeon advised very much against deep massage around the ankle if you have tts. it can cause damage he advised.