Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur, now hip pain

Posted by Tommie B on 10/11/00 at 23:35 (030353)

Hello,
I have had a heel spur for about 1 year. It comes and goes but now is alive and well. Recently I have had hip pain on the same side as my heel pain. It is right in the joint on my side. Could this be my body reacting to the foot pain? I began exercising heavily and that is when the pain became worse. Nothing seems to help. I was just wondering if the two are connected and any suggestions. Thank you.

Re: Heel Spur, now hip pain

Dr. Biehler on 10/12/00 at 06:16 (030357)

They could be related. First thing to do is to check for a functional or actual limb length difference. If you look into a mirror, your shoulder will drop on the side that has the longer limb. This limb might be over pronating to accomodate. This decreases the shock absorbtion and can also effect the hip. Dr. B.

Re: Heel Spur, now hip pain

Dr. Biehler on 10/12/00 at 06:16 (030357)

They could be related. First thing to do is to check for a functional or actual limb length difference. If you look into a mirror, your shoulder will drop on the side that has the longer limb. This limb might be over pronating to accomodate. This decreases the shock absorbtion and can also effect the hip. Dr. B.