Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scotts comments on Wendys FAQ

Posted by Scott R on 8/06/00 at 08:21 (030388)

(bump on the inside of the ankle) [scott suggests this change: inside ankle bone].

The flexor retinaculum (that [that -> the] tough band on the outside)

- Painful/tingling [painful tinginlg] in and around ankles - sometimes toes

plantar faciitis [fasciitis]

What is Nerve Conduction [conduction] Testing?

[The following section may need to be emphasized over the other causes]
TTS can be due to repetitive stress injury and it's more common in athletes, active people, or individuals that stand a lot. The more active someone is, the more prone the tendons are to swell and the nerve is to stretch. This increases the risk. It can also follow sudden activity in a previously inactive person.

Neuropathies can be caused by many different things including nutritional imbalances, drugs, or infection.
[insufficient blood flow may be the single largest cause of peripheral neuropathy - such as can be caused by diabetes or surgery]

[you may need to list custom-made orthotics as a cause]

Re: Scotts comments on Wendys FAQ

Laurie R on 8/06/00 at 11:53 (024754)

Hi Wendy,
This is so wonderful.It looks like you spent alot of time on this and I am sure this will help someone that is trying to figure out TTS.I have it as you know ,and this would of helped me before I got diagnosed. Thanks Wendy for sharing this with us. laurie R

Re: Scotts comments on Wendys FAQ

Laurie R on 8/06/00 at 11:53 (024754)

Hi Wendy,
This is so wonderful.It looks like you spent alot of time on this and I am sure this will help someone that is trying to figure out TTS.I have it as you know ,and this would of helped me before I got diagnosed. Thanks Wendy for sharing this with us. laurie R