Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I had my MRI ,and I am just glad it is over..........

Posted by Laurie R on 10/18/00 at 19:59 (030803)

Hi To all,
I just got back a little while ago .All I can say is that I am glad it is over. The staff at this place were so wonderful .I did have major anxiety when I got there ,well I have had it ever since my Pod said I needed the MRI. Anyway it took about 1.5 hours to do. My husband got to go in with me. They played my CD for me.I brought Andrea Bocelli to listen to. I tried so hard to relax but I just couldn't until the last 15 minutes . One good thing I will say for me ,I was getting anxiety though out the test but I did control it and did not have to leave. So that's a good thing.

I did get to see some of the pictures of my foot ,couldn't read them but it still was cool. Bottom line it is OVER . I will get the results this Friday from my doctor .I will let you know.

I would like to send a SPECIAL THANKS to Nancy S ,Judy ,Kim and Salina Beverly Steve .And if I forgot to put your I am sorry but thank you too.You all were so supportive to me while I was going through this. I do appreciate you all. PS I did for get someone so sweet Are Wendyn.........Thanks again you guys......Laurie R

Re: I had my MRI ,and I am just glad it is over..........

Pauline on 10/18/00 at 21:28 (030808)

Another job well done. Congratulation I know how hard it was, but you did it and that is the important thing. Walk tall there are a lot of people who would have left the site. Now lets hope you have a good outcome from the test results.

Laurie R on 10/18/00 at 21:59 (030810)

Hi Pauline,
I wanted to thank you also. Sometimes kind words work best of all. How are you feeling? I hope ok. Thanks again.Laurie R

Beverly on 10/19/00 at 00:17 (030813)

Laurie,

Wow! That was a long time in there. I had an MRI of my pelvic area a couple of years ago. I think it took about 40 minutes. I've had one for my neck. It took about 20 minutes! Poor thing. An hour and ahalf is a long time! Well, at least it did not hurt. I remember feeling like the weenie inside a hotdog bun! But compared to being poked on, I didn't think it was all that bad.
Let us know what you find out.
Beverly

Re: To Laurie

Kim B. on 10/19/00 at 10:55 (030837)

Message Number 30838
Re: To Laurie View Thread
Posted by Laurie R on 10/19/00 at 11:14

Hi Kim,
You are so right.....I did want to thank you again for your kind words before I went to have this done.it really ment alot to me just to know that you and everyone else is here. Sometimes with my family they get so sick about hearing about my foot and other problems.They have there own to deal with.Also I appreciate you and everyone else taking out the time to help me through this even though you guys have your own pain your dealing with. I like you have been through all the femal problems too (no fun) as you know. Thank you again Kim for helping me ,you are a very kind person........Laurie R P.S. How are you doing pain wise???

wendyn on 10/19/00 at 21:09 (030881)

Hi Laurie - I signed on to the internet from Indianapolis just to see how your MRI turned out. I hope everything works out okay for you, I'm glad that you made it through (just like I survived the plane ride) - I will check in again on Sunday and see how things worked out. Talk to you later!!!!!!

Re: To Laurie and All, Re: My foot pain

Kim B. on 10/19/00 at 21:57 (030884)

I just finished having an approximately 3 week fabulous repreave from the constant, nagging, misery of PF. I even attended a wedding in dressy shoes during that time!! With no PF Pain during or afterward! That is progress! I wasn't even taking my Vioxx and still was having great days anywat!! Did you hear me??

Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel some foot pain creeping in over the past few days. I THINK the problem is that I had been doing SO much better that I had completely slacked off my Calf Step Stretch (CSS) routine. And started wearing too much of the wrong shoes again.

The pain started coming back in small proportions a few days ago. I'm hoping to nip it in the bud. So, I've put the CSS in a convenient location again, so that I'll do it at least 3 times a day. It's in the kitchen, where I can use the counter as a support, and it only takes a few minutes to get in a proper stretch if I am heading out the door, or watching TV or standing around. (We can see the tv from my kithen, and I'm usually hanging around in there for one reason or another.)

I wasn't sure if the CSS was the reason I was doing so much better or if it was the change in FM medicine my doc put me on after the ER situation with my neck. I'm still on the change in meds, so I've started thinking that all those PROPER calf stretches were doing the trick. Now friends, I was afraid to post cause I didn't what to jinx the progress. But I was going to when I could pin down what was helping me. I still have a couple of other possible theories, but for now, this is my line of thinking.

Anyway, I may have done something to irk them off. I was doing SO much better that I was even wearing some of my other shoes, which, for shorts outings, didn't hurt, but then a couple of days, I think I got stuck 'out and about' without a pair of my Dexters shoes in the car to change into. So between messing around with other shoes too much, and not doing my calf and achillies tendon stretches, I pushed my luck too far. Hopefully, back on my regimine, will be able to report in a couple of weeks if the solution has again reversed itself. Time will tell.

BTW, 'Dexters' have given me some really good days. They have a good web site: http://www.dexters.com . They have FABULOUS customer service policies, free shipping and free return postage for the ones that aren't right. It's a no risk situation.

There you have it. Kim B.

Pauline on 10/18/00 at 21:28 (030808)

Another job well done. Congratulation I know how hard it was, but you did it and that is the important thing. Walk tall there are a lot of people who would have left the site. Now lets hope you have a good outcome from the test results.

Laurie R on 10/18/00 at 21:59 (030810)

Hi Pauline,
I wanted to thank you also. Sometimes kind words work best of all. How are you feeling? I hope ok. Thanks again.Laurie R

Beverly on 10/19/00 at 00:17 (030813)

Laurie,

Wow! That was a long time in there. I had an MRI of my pelvic area a couple of years ago. I think it took about 40 minutes. I've had one for my neck. It took about 20 minutes! Poor thing. An hour and ahalf is a long time! Well, at least it did not hurt. I remember feeling like the weenie inside a hotdog bun! But compared to being poked on, I didn't think it was all that bad.
Let us know what you find out.
Beverly

Kim B. on 10/19/00 at 10:55 (030837)

Message Number 30838
Re: To Laurie View Thread
Posted by Laurie R on 10/19/00 at 11:14

Hi Kim,
You are so right.....I did want to thank you again for your kind words before I went to have this done.it really ment alot to me just to know that you and everyone else is here. Sometimes with my family they get so sick about hearing about my foot and other problems.They have there own to deal with.Also I appreciate you and everyone else taking out the time to help me through this even though you guys have your own pain your dealing with. I like you have been through all the femal problems too (no fun) as you know. Thank you again Kim for helping me ,you are a very kind person........Laurie R P.S. How are you doing pain wise???

wendyn on 10/19/00 at 21:09 (030881)

Hi Laurie - I signed on to the internet from Indianapolis just to see how your MRI turned out. I hope everything works out okay for you, I'm glad that you made it through (just like I survived the plane ride) - I will check in again on Sunday and see how things worked out. Talk to you later!!!!!!

Re: To Laurie and All, Re: My foot pain

Kim B. on 10/19/00 at 21:57 (030884)

I just finished having an approximately 3 week fabulous repreave from the constant, nagging, misery of PF. I even attended a wedding in dressy shoes during that time!! With no PF Pain during or afterward! That is progress! I wasn't even taking my Vioxx and still was having great days anywat!! Did you hear me??

Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel some foot pain creeping in over the past few days. I THINK the problem is that I had been doing SO much better that I had completely slacked off my Calf Step Stretch (CSS) routine. And started wearing too much of the wrong shoes again.

The pain started coming back in small proportions a few days ago. I'm hoping to nip it in the bud. So, I've put the CSS in a convenient location again, so that I'll do it at least 3 times a day. It's in the kitchen, where I can use the counter as a support, and it only takes a few minutes to get in a proper stretch if I am heading out the door, or watching TV or standing around. (We can see the tv from my kithen, and I'm usually hanging around in there for one reason or another.)

I wasn't sure if the CSS was the reason I was doing so much better or if it was the change in FM medicine my doc put me on after the ER situation with my neck. I'm still on the change in meds, so I've started thinking that all those PROPER calf stretches were doing the trick. Now friends, I was afraid to post cause I didn't what to jinx the progress. But I was going to when I could pin down what was helping me. I still have a couple of other possible theories, but for now, this is my line of thinking.

Anyway, I may have done something to irk them off. I was doing SO much better that I was even wearing some of my other shoes, which, for shorts outings, didn't hurt, but then a couple of days, I think I got stuck 'out and about' without a pair of my Dexters shoes in the car to change into. So between messing around with other shoes too much, and not doing my calf and achillies tendon stretches, I pushed my luck too far. Hopefully, back on my regimine, will be able to report in a couple of weeks if the solution has again reversed itself. Time will tell.

BTW, 'Dexters' have given me some really good days. They have a good web site: http://www.dexters.com . They have FABULOUS customer service policies, free shipping and free return postage for the ones that aren't right. It's a no risk situation.

There you have it. Kim B.