Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My MRI results...........

Posted by Laurie R on 10/21/00 at 10:59 (030971)

Hi To All,
I will try my best to explain the results.I understand them ,but sometimes it is hard for me to put things in words.Being dyslexic we see in pictures not words. So many someone reading this can help.

I do have PF . I don't have TTS.Which we thought I have had for a while now.I do have all the TTS symptoms though .Here's why.I have fulid in 3 different places in my foot . Also one of the big problems is I have fluid in the ' Flexor Hallicus tendon' .Then the report goes on to say that there is no evidence of abnormal mass of fluid collection in the tarsel tunnel region . So that was good news to me. All this time we thought it was TTS.

Treamtent plan: Continue PT but my Pod wants him to focus more on my ankle due to the fluid . And still focus on the fascia . Ultra sound and massage . Walking cast . I go back to see him in a month .

My Pod gave me a copy of the MRI report ,but of course I can't really understand it. I did get to see all the MRI films which my Pod did explain to me all the films and all the places i have fluid in my foot and ankle . My arch has been my most painful through all of this . In the MRI film you can see fluid under my arch.

I am just glad it is over ,meaning I have the results .Now maybe I can relax. The reason I had so much anxiety over this whole thing is ,I have been in so much pain . The pain never stops so I figured there had to be something really bad wrong with my foot. Yes there is something wrong but maybe it can get better. If not then maybe I will have surgery on my fascia . I don't even want to think about that at this point. He wants me to see if PT helps first ,which I agree.

Ok I hope I did ok explaining this. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Laurie R

Re: My MRI results...........

Steve P on 10/21/00 at 16:51 (030980)

Laurie --Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. I'm glad you're proceeding with PT based on this new info. My only suggestion is that you consider a 2nd opinion, but not right away. If, after another month of PT, you are no better, consider taking your MRI records to an Orthopedic practice for a new evaluation. I'm not suggesting that your Pod isn't on top of things, but considering how long you've been suffering I think you should seek a 2nd opinion after another month. The MRI will provide valuable data if you decide to do so.

best.........Steve

wendyn on 10/21/00 at 23:28 (030995)

Hi Laurie. I just got off the plane a few hours ago so I'm pooped! I'm glad everything looks good - can they tell what's causing the problem? I get my MRI results on Wednesday, we'll have to compare notes. I've been on my feet for pretty much the whole week - and although I'm tired, my feet appear to be holding out.

I did buy some Dansko clogs while I was in Indianpolis. Hopefully I can tolerate them because they'll be pretty tough to return now. They feel pretty good but it's weird being up higher than in the Birks.

Talk to you later when I'm awake.

Re: My MRI results...........Wendy and Kim

Laurie R on 10/22/00 at 10:36 (031011)

Hi Wendy,
I am glad you made it back safe. I think it was so sweet of you when you checked in the other day to check on me and my MRI.That really made my day. Like I said before you all have been so supportive to me. Thank you again. I would like to hear all about your trip and how you calmed your self down to fly. I did for get to mention something else about the MRI.

I also have fluid in a joint that is on top of my foot right side just above my ankle on the side. I don't have a good copy of the MRI report. It is very hard to read the copy I have. This causes pain all the time.I am hoping with therapy it will help. I am just wondering how all this fluid got in my foot.

Wendy I can't wait to hear your MRI report. Maybe we can help each other understand all of this.

Hi Kim ,thank you for your kind words..... I have a question for you and maybe something that can help you.My Pod gave me this 'Fortex rubbing oil' Have you ever heard of it or tried it? It's for arthritis and muscular soreness. He said it may help with inflamation .I have been waking up every night with major joint pain in my foot and ankle .You can use it as a rub or you can soak in it. Also it is OTC .Just wanted to let you know. Last night I use it as a rub ,today I am going to use it in a soak. My very best to both of you ladies......Laurie R Thank you again.......

Beverly on 10/22/00 at 10:49 (031012)

It must be a relief to finally know what is going on.
Take care,
Beverly

Steve P on 10/21/00 at 16:51 (030980)

Laurie --Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. I'm glad you're proceeding with PT based on this new info. My only suggestion is that you consider a 2nd opinion, but not right away. If, after another month of PT, you are no better, consider taking your MRI records to an Orthopedic practice for a new evaluation. I'm not suggesting that your Pod isn't on top of things, but considering how long you've been suffering I think you should seek a 2nd opinion after another month. The MRI will provide valuable data if you decide to do so.

best.........Steve

wendyn on 10/21/00 at 23:28 (030995)

Hi Laurie. I just got off the plane a few hours ago so I'm pooped! I'm glad everything looks good - can they tell what's causing the problem? I get my MRI results on Wednesday, we'll have to compare notes. I've been on my feet for pretty much the whole week - and although I'm tired, my feet appear to be holding out.

I did buy some Dansko clogs while I was in Indianpolis. Hopefully I can tolerate them because they'll be pretty tough to return now. They feel pretty good but it's weird being up higher than in the Birks.

Talk to you later when I'm awake.

Re: My MRI results...........Wendy and Kim

Laurie R on 10/22/00 at 10:36 (031011)

Hi Wendy,
I am glad you made it back safe. I think it was so sweet of you when you checked in the other day to check on me and my MRI.That really made my day. Like I said before you all have been so supportive to me. Thank you again. I would like to hear all about your trip and how you calmed your self down to fly. I did for get to mention something else about the MRI.

I also have fluid in a joint that is on top of my foot right side just above my ankle on the side. I don't have a good copy of the MRI report. It is very hard to read the copy I have. This causes pain all the time.I am hoping with therapy it will help. I am just wondering how all this fluid got in my foot.

Wendy I can't wait to hear your MRI report. Maybe we can help each other understand all of this.

Hi Kim ,thank you for your kind words..... I have a question for you and maybe something that can help you.My Pod gave me this 'Fortex rubbing oil' Have you ever heard of it or tried it? It's for arthritis and muscular soreness. He said it may help with inflamation .I have been waking up every night with major joint pain in my foot and ankle .You can use it as a rub or you can soak in it. Also it is OTC .Just wanted to let you know. Last night I use it as a rub ,today I am going to use it in a soak. My very best to both of you ladies......Laurie R Thank you again.......

Beverly on 10/22/00 at 10:49 (031012)

It must be a relief to finally know what is going on.
Take care,
Beverly