Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

error messages

Posted by Scott R on 10/22/00 at 18:51 (031034)

I have a log file telling me programs are crashing, but I don't know which ones. Please let me know the name of any programs that crash.

Re: error messages

Julie F on 10/23/00 at 03:20 (031057)

Scott, I don't know if this is part of the problem you're raising, but whenever I do a search on a much-discussed topic (i.e. a large file, such as 'icing' or ' taping') my screen freezes before the end of the marathon wait. Then I have to shut down and start over. (I've never actually got to the end of the icing or taping files, come to think of it.) Does it have something to do with the size of the files and the length of time it takes to access them?

All the best, Julie

Julie F on 10/23/00 at 07:10 (031061)

Thank you Scott. I will try that.

Re: A Reminder to Posters

Kim B. on 10/23/00 at 23:39 (031111)

Scotter, I never said that you weren't making money here. Where did you get that? Besides, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with making money especially while doing something you know and enjoy. That is actually the idea, isn't it?. I certianly hope you are making some money as long as it isn't obtained under false pretenses, which, nothing I've ever found here, on your part, to be anyway.

I believe that you provide an open forum where people can post and get honest information, support and commraderie. If you point folks toward the products to help them out along the way, you SHOULD profit. (Just don't let the mighty greenback sway you from keeping the mission clean and clear.)

You have something here that is of public service, so as far as I'm concerned, you should be able to quit your day job, and still go on nice vacations. Just keep the site running pal!

Anyway I didn't mean to imply that you do this for charitable reasons. I think dealing with the programming and diplomacy issues alone is worth a paycheck. I hope you go far with this site so that it will be here for lots of people in the future. That's what I really meant.

If you can't turn a profit after all the years of reseach and work you already put into it, it MAY have to go away someday. I think it needs to be here for as long as possible. I hope to fully recover, unfortunately, there will be others behind me.

Restaurants, drycleaners and other service businesses ask for input and suggestions. That is how they grow their business. Good luck and keep up the good work. There are times I would have totally lost my mind if this board hadn't been here when I needed it, to vent, to learn, and to help others, all while sitting down and icing my feet.

Regards, Kim B.

Julie F on 10/23/00 at 03:20 (031057)

Scott, I don't know if this is part of the problem you're raising, but whenever I do a search on a much-discussed topic (i.e. a large file, such as 'icing' or ' taping') my screen freezes before the end of the marathon wait. Then I have to shut down and start over. (I've never actually got to the end of the icing or taping files, come to think of it.) Does it have something to do with the size of the files and the length of time it takes to access them?

All the best, Julie

Julie F on 10/23/00 at 07:10 (031061)

Thank you Scott. I will try that.

Re: A Reminder to Posters

Kim B. on 10/23/00 at 23:39 (031111)

Scotter, I never said that you weren't making money here. Where did you get that? Besides, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with making money especially while doing something you know and enjoy. That is actually the idea, isn't it?. I certianly hope you are making some money as long as it isn't obtained under false pretenses, which, nothing I've ever found here, on your part, to be anyway.

I believe that you provide an open forum where people can post and get honest information, support and commraderie. If you point folks toward the products to help them out along the way, you SHOULD profit. (Just don't let the mighty greenback sway you from keeping the mission clean and clear.)

You have something here that is of public service, so as far as I'm concerned, you should be able to quit your day job, and still go on nice vacations. Just keep the site running pal!

Anyway I didn't mean to imply that you do this for charitable reasons. I think dealing with the programming and diplomacy issues alone is worth a paycheck. I hope you go far with this site so that it will be here for lots of people in the future. That's what I really meant.

If you can't turn a profit after all the years of reseach and work you already put into it, it MAY have to go away someday. I think it needs to be here for as long as possible. I hope to fully recover, unfortunately, there will be others behind me.

Restaurants, drycleaners and other service businesses ask for input and suggestions. That is how they grow their business. Good luck and keep up the good work. There are times I would have totally lost my mind if this board hadn't been here when I needed it, to vent, to learn, and to help others, all while sitting down and icing my feet.

Regards, Kim B.