Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has anyone tried the "Oklahoma" style Birkenstock clog?

Posted by Alison H. on 10/22/00 at 23:09 (031051)

Just wondering if anyone has tried this 'Oklahoma' style Birkenstock clog? The sole looks rubber instead of the usual cork sole, but it has a removable cork/latex footbed. Wondered if this would be better or worse for our problem. Thanks!

Re: Thanks!

Alison H. on 10/23/00 at 22:33 (031106)

Thank you for the info! Good luck with your cast. :>)

Re: Has anyone tried the "Oklahoma" style Birkenstock clog?

Matt P on 10/25/00 at 19:30 (031283)

I did buy one but did not wear it. The main problem is the rubber bottom is too thin and when combined with that removable insole did not give enough cushion for me. Walking on carpet is O.K. but on hard surface it is not enough.
I am trying to solve this problem by putting another soft flat insole in between these two to give me more cushion but the original Birk heel is lifted up and floated with not enough heel counter which I think is defeating firm heel counter feature that many of us need. I haven't tried to wear for a prolong period to see if it help after this correction.
Also I did try to fit the Oklahoma removable insole into my running shoe that has cushioned insole but the problem is Oklahoma forefoot is too wide for any of my running shoe.
The Oklahoma removable insole fit my foot contour on the edge and at the bottom like a mold, I can see it because I can take it out, try it on my feet and see the fit from different angle like an orthotic. The main problem for me is as I say above and may be the hard arch also.

Re: Thanks!

Alison H. on 10/23/00 at 22:33 (031106)

Thank you for the info! Good luck with your cast. :>)

Re: Has anyone tried the "Oklahoma" style Birkenstock clog?

Matt P on 10/25/00 at 19:30 (031283)

I did buy one but did not wear it. The main problem is the rubber bottom is too thin and when combined with that removable insole did not give enough cushion for me. Walking on carpet is O.K. but on hard surface it is not enough.
I am trying to solve this problem by putting another soft flat insole in between these two to give me more cushion but the original Birk heel is lifted up and floated with not enough heel counter which I think is defeating firm heel counter feature that many of us need. I haven't tried to wear for a prolong period to see if it help after this correction.
Also I did try to fit the Oklahoma removable insole into my running shoe that has cushioned insole but the problem is Oklahoma forefoot is too wide for any of my running shoe.
The Oklahoma removable insole fit my foot contour on the edge and at the bottom like a mold, I can see it because I can take it out, try it on my feet and see the fit from different angle like an orthotic. The main problem for me is as I say above and may be the hard arch also.