Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Burning feet

Posted by Brenda on 10/24/00 at 06:09 (031128)

Every now and then my feet burn and the blood vessels are very visvible and stick out, at night. Rarely does this happen during the day. The only relief I can find is putting my feet in very cold water for a few minutes. I asked my family physician and he told me is sounds like arthritis but he would have to see my feet when this was happening. I can not find any information that these symptoms are related to arthritis. Can you help me determine what this is?
Thank you

Re: Burning feet

Dr. Biehler on 10/24/00 at 08:11 (031134)

Burning sensation is thought to be nerve related. Do you find that your feet have swelled durring the day before the burning starts? Some times the edema can trigger the burning which can be tied to osteo arthritis. Dr. B.

john h on 10/24/00 at 17:52 (031167)

my pf originally started with burning feet. i also posted a few days ago about prominent bulging blood vessels in the feet which quickly go down when i elevate my feet or ice them. i do not have swelling in the feet. you might try support stockings for the bulging vessels until your doctor determines what your problem is.

Dr. Biehler on 10/24/00 at 08:11 (031134)

Burning sensation is thought to be nerve related. Do you find that your feet have swelled durring the day before the burning starts? Some times the edema can trigger the burning which can be tied to osteo arthritis. Dr. B.

john h on 10/24/00 at 17:52 (031167)

my pf originally started with burning feet. i also posted a few days ago about prominent bulging blood vessels in the feet which quickly go down when i elevate my feet or ice them. i do not have swelling in the feet. you might try support stockings for the bulging vessels until your doctor determines what your problem is.