Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cant figure out ...

Posted by ash on 10/24/00 at 09:18 (031140)

hello doctors,

I am 25 and have DDD in my back for which i took physical therapy, epiduarals and antinfalmmatory medicines for a long time. I always have had stiffness in my legs and had sciatica during this period..
My feet used to feel cold and used to hurt at times which the doctor thought was due to my back problems. Suddenly one day my pain worsened, now both my feet hurt a lot , they feel sore,slight swelling, i have burning sensations in my feet (both) right worse than left , there is pain in the arch, pain goes up my ankle and pain in the sides of the foot. Sometimes there is tingling and pain in my Big toe. The pain is worst in the morning and feels better after i wear the splints.

My doctor feels it is plantar fascilitis..but i have been reading about this on the web and i cant figure out what the problem is? can it be tarsal tunnel syndrome?

How can i exactly find out?. My doctor seems to satisfied with antiinflmmatory medicines and splints.

please help.

Re: cant figure out ...

Dr. Biehler on 10/25/00 at 08:31 (031216)

It sound like you might have some kind of nervr involment causing your pain. You might want to discuss the possibility of a neurologist checking for this with your doctor. Dr. B.

Re: cant figure out ...

Dr. Biehler on 10/25/00 at 08:31 (031216)

It sound like you might have some kind of nervr involment causing your pain. You might want to discuss the possibility of a neurologist checking for this with your doctor. Dr. B.