Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TO Wendyn

Posted by Laurie R on 10/24/00 at 20:33 (031180)

Hi Wendy,
Your trip sounded so wonderful. When you get your pictures I would like to see them.

Do you get your MRI results tomarrow? If so can you post them so we can know ? Good luck .... Thanks Laurie R

Re: TO Wendyn

wendyn on 10/24/00 at 21:19 (031186)

Yes - I go tomorrow. I am not excited though.

Scenario 1 - they say they don't see anything significant. Although I am still recovering - this will not help with an explanation for the pain. I will be disappointed.

Scenario 2 - they find lots wrong. I will be reluctant to have surgery since things are improving and I just started a new job. Also, from what I understand - my surgical options will be fairly complex.

I don't see how I can win here either way.

Oh well - at least I'm going to have non-hairy legs this time so I won't have to be worried about that. Sometimes you have to look on the bright side. Maybe I'll go give myself a pedicure and throw some toe rings on in the morning. Dress up my feet.

Whatever.

;)

Laurie R on 10/24/00 at 22:30 (031191)

Hi Wendy,
Ok, This is the same way I felt last week. I was even crying in my Pod office before he came in.The reason being I thoought he was going to tell me that my foot was so bad they were going to have to do surgery right away. Hang in there Wendy ,look at it this way and this helped me ,at least you will know for sure what is wrong. My best to you ,I will be thinking about you tomarrow. Let me know how it turns out.It will be ok. Laurie R

Re: Back to you Laurie

wendyn on 10/24/00 at 22:39 (031193)

Thanks Laurie! I'm on the computer tonight lots trying to catch up on some e-correspondence. Don't worry, I'll post the details for better or worse. A friend of mine had surgery with this doctor in the summer. We both are scheduled to see him at the cast clinic at the hospital tomorrow...so we're going to meet for coffee first. His foot is doing great, and his podiatrist has been really impressed with this surgeons work - so at least I know I'm in good hands.

Hey - how did that valium work for the MRI? I survived the plane trip, but I always say that next time I'm flying with the valium. I do better every time I fly - but I still have a long way to go before I could say I'm a comfortable flyer. I never made it to the doctor this time for some real sedatives, but I was curious about how the valium worked for you. I had it twice before surgery and it knocked me out cold. That sounds like a good way to fly.

Did you know that your odds of being killed in a commercial plane crash are 1 in 7 million? Did I tell you guys that? I can't remember. It is more likely you will die from being struck by lightining. I am full of positive stats and positive thoughts. Others would say I am full of all kinds of other things....

Re: No toe rings for MRI because of metal

Beverly on 10/24/00 at 22:39 (031194)

Wendy,

Good luck with the MRI. Dress up those toes, but you'll have to take off the toe rings for the MRI. I have had several on other parts of my body. I had to remove all jewerly and even my bra, because it had metal hooks.

Take care,
Beverly

Re: Back to you Laurie To Wendyn

Laurie R on 10/24/00 at 23:04 (031198)

Wendy,
I did not take the Valium .I wanted to be in control. Now tha tI think about it cause it is all over ,I should of taken it. another reason I din't take it is I also take pain pills and i didn't want to mix the two. Especially after I had that allergic reaction to the Amoxicllin which scared the S%$# out of me. I am sure I will take the Valium some day. It is alway good to have. Again good luck tomarrow. Laurie R

wendyn on 10/24/00 at 21:19 (031186)

Yes - I go tomorrow. I am not excited though.

Scenario 1 - they say they don't see anything significant. Although I am still recovering - this will not help with an explanation for the pain. I will be disappointed.

Scenario 2 - they find lots wrong. I will be reluctant to have surgery since things are improving and I just started a new job. Also, from what I understand - my surgical options will be fairly complex.

I don't see how I can win here either way.

Oh well - at least I'm going to have non-hairy legs this time so I won't have to be worried about that. Sometimes you have to look on the bright side. Maybe I'll go give myself a pedicure and throw some toe rings on in the morning. Dress up my feet.

Whatever.

;)

Laurie R on 10/24/00 at 22:30 (031191)

Hi Wendy,
Ok, This is the same way I felt last week. I was even crying in my Pod office before he came in.The reason being I thoought he was going to tell me that my foot was so bad they were going to have to do surgery right away. Hang in there Wendy ,look at it this way and this helped me ,at least you will know for sure what is wrong. My best to you ,I will be thinking about you tomarrow. Let me know how it turns out.It will be ok. Laurie R

Re: Back to you Laurie

wendyn on 10/24/00 at 22:39 (031193)

Thanks Laurie! I'm on the computer tonight lots trying to catch up on some e-correspondence. Don't worry, I'll post the details for better or worse. A friend of mine had surgery with this doctor in the summer. We both are scheduled to see him at the cast clinic at the hospital tomorrow...so we're going to meet for coffee first. His foot is doing great, and his podiatrist has been really impressed with this surgeons work - so at least I know I'm in good hands.

Hey - how did that valium work for the MRI? I survived the plane trip, but I always say that next time I'm flying with the valium. I do better every time I fly - but I still have a long way to go before I could say I'm a comfortable flyer. I never made it to the doctor this time for some real sedatives, but I was curious about how the valium worked for you. I had it twice before surgery and it knocked me out cold. That sounds like a good way to fly.

Did you know that your odds of being killed in a commercial plane crash are 1 in 7 million? Did I tell you guys that? I can't remember. It is more likely you will die from being struck by lightining. I am full of positive stats and positive thoughts. Others would say I am full of all kinds of other things....

Re: No toe rings for MRI because of metal

Beverly on 10/24/00 at 22:39 (031194)

Wendy,

Good luck with the MRI. Dress up those toes, but you'll have to take off the toe rings for the MRI. I have had several on other parts of my body. I had to remove all jewerly and even my bra, because it had metal hooks.

Take care,
Beverly

Re: Back to you Laurie To Wendyn

Laurie R on 10/24/00 at 23:04 (031198)

Wendy,
I did not take the Valium .I wanted to be in control. Now tha tI think about it cause it is all over ,I should of taken it. another reason I din't take it is I also take pain pills and i didn't want to mix the two. Especially after I had that allergic reaction to the Amoxicllin which scared the S%$# out of me. I am sure I will take the Valium some day. It is alway good to have. Again good luck tomarrow. Laurie R