Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain after surgery

Posted by jerrie p on 10/27/00 at 10:53 (031450)

i had surgery 13 months ago for a heel spur on the back of my heel. i was on cruthes for two and a half months,and in a wheelchair.all along i have not been able to be on my foot for any length of time. for the month of sept. i didnt have hardly any pain at all, now all of a sudden i've got severe pain again. i cannot put on any shoes, i am in so much pain when i drive.the doctor has told me nothing is wrong,but something has got to be wrong.will i always stay like this? is there any way i could get disability, because i definently cannot work now.

Re: pain after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/28/00 at 16:34 (031537)

There is something wrong. It sounds like the surgery produced either a nerve entrapement or there is complete failure with this type of surgery. In my 22 years of practice I find that you can get very bad post- surgical foot pain from this type of surgery. I have used ESWT
in some cases to resolve this problem so long as there isn't any nerve entrapement.

Re: pain after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/28/00 at 16:34 (031537)

There is something wrong. It sounds like the surgery produced either a nerve entrapement or there is complete failure with this type of surgery. In my 22 years of practice I find that you can get very bad post- surgical foot pain from this type of surgery. I have used ESWT
in some cases to resolve this problem so long as there isn't any nerve entrapement.