Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New PF dx and confused re:tx

Posted by Ann S on 10/27/00 at 16:03 (031474)

I have had heel pain since 6/00 (initially thought it was just a bruised heel-sound familiar?)I was doing my best to ignore it and expected it to go away (at best) and to get used to it (at the very least). I had a busy summer and did not see my doctor until August when she sent me to have an x-ray and it was found that I have a calcium deposit on my heel and hence dx. with PF. I now met the criteria to see a podiatrist which took a month to get an appointment and I saw last week. After another x-ray (they didn't have my first one) the recommendation was for an injection. I found this website prior to the appt. and had read enough to be skeptical of an injection as a remedy at this point. I have also use Dr. Scholl inserts and gel heel pads and New Balnce shoes and Birks and ice and Advil. Some tx. made worse and others helped some and by now the pain is not only in my heel but the outside of my foot and sometimes my toes. I know this will take time and I just need to have a clear tx plan to follow. Any suggestions? What about the injection? What about ultrasound or PT? Please help, I have another podiatrist appt. on Monday 10/30 and don't know what to do next.

Re: New PF dx and confused re:tx

Dr. Biehler on 10/28/00 at 10:00 (031506)

English:
Sounds like a biomechancal exam to see what is causing your problem is called for. I say this because of the traveling pain which tends to come from your body trying to compensate and avoid the pain. Depending on the problem, strapping and taping might be the first step in the treatment if you want to avoid the injection. Dr. B.
German:
Töne wie eine biomechancal Prüfung zum Sehen was verursacht, Ihres Problems wird verlangt. Ich sage dieses wegen der reisenden Schmerz, die neigt, von Ihrem Körper zu kommen, der versucht, die Schmerz auszugleichen und zu vermeiden. Abhängig von dem Problem konnten die Gurtung und das Auf Band aufnehmen der erste Jobstep in der Behandlung sein, wenn Sie die Einspritzung vermeiden möchten. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/28/00 at 16:24 (031535)

Hi,

Starting with this web site is a great start. Read Scott Robert's online pf book.

Dr. Biehler on 10/28/00 at 10:00 (031506)

English:
Sounds like a biomechancal exam to see what is causing your problem is called for. I say this because of the traveling pain which tends to come from your body trying to compensate and avoid the pain. Depending on the problem, strapping and taping might be the first step in the treatment if you want to avoid the injection. Dr. B.
German:
Töne wie eine biomechancal Prüfung zum Sehen was verursacht, Ihres Problems wird verlangt. Ich sage dieses wegen der reisenden Schmerz, die neigt, von Ihrem Körper zu kommen, der versucht, die Schmerz auszugleichen und zu vermeiden. Abhängig von dem Problem konnten die Gurtung und das Auf Band aufnehmen der erste Jobstep in der Behandlung sein, wenn Sie die Einspritzung vermeiden möchten. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/28/00 at 16:24 (031535)

Hi,

Starting with this web site is a great start. Read Scott Robert's online pf book.