Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shots in a few days: Pain in so many places. Delimma on where to request shots.

Posted by Beverly on 10/29/00 at 10:25 (031558)

Hi Docs,

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I have a few concerns about my upcoming long acting cortisone shots (getting both feet done if I can take it.)

#1. My original pain was in the heel and arch. But as you know, I now also have PTT. All of this is bilateral. My PT says my PTT is 'very squishy' all the way up almost to my knee & it is very painful. He says my feet feel less squishy, but I still have pain on impact. THE PTT HAS COMPLETELY SET BACKWARDS WHATEVER PROGRESS I WAS MAKING IN RECOVERING THE HEEL AND ARCH PAIN. So now, everything is bad again. Prior to getting the PTT, I felt like my PF was getting better. Now, it's all back to square one.

I have pain in this order of intensity: ankles, arches/instep, heels.

I am afraid to have a shot in both the feet and ankles. That seems like way too much cortisone. So, where do I get the shot? I feel sure I would not have the PTT if not for the PF and yet I think my PF would be getting better if not for the PTT.

Finally, one thing worries me about the last time I saw the PA. I asked him how many shots I could have in one year, expecting him to say, 'no more than three.' But he said, 'you can have up to five.' That goes against everything I have ever heard or read.

Thank you,
Beverly

Re: Shots in a few days: Pain in so many places. Delimma on where to request shots.

DR. Zuckerman on 10/29/00 at 11:15 (031561)

Hi,

The literature that Scott Roberts has provided on this board in very helpful and very accurate information. Five steriod injection may not kill you but you rupture the PTT and or the PF

Re: Shots in a few days: Pain in so many places. Delimma on where to request shots.

DR. Zuckerman on 10/29/00 at 11:15 (031561)

Hi,

The literature that Scott Roberts has provided on this board in very helpful and very accurate information. Five steriod injection may not kill you but you rupture the PTT and or the PF