Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

help

Posted by kim j on 10/29/00 at 20:46 (031600)

I work 8 hours a day on my feet with no siting at all and my heels hurt and cause legs cramp what can i do i wear nike shoes with good suport by the end of the day im crying with pain

Re: help

Richard,C.Ped on 10/30/00 at 08:25 (031621)

Hi Kim. Quick questions. You stated that you are on your feet 8 hours a day. Does this consist of standing in pretty much one spot, or walking back and forth on a warehouse floor. I ask this because I used to work at a home health care pharmacy where I did primarly IV admixtures. I stood in front of a sterile laminer flow hood for 8 hours. I don't have PF, but my feet, calves, and knees hurt bad. The boss finaly allowed us to have a fatigue mat put in, which helped soooooo much. Also, have you been diagnosed with PF?
Richard, C.Ped

Re: help

Richard,C.Ped on 10/30/00 at 08:25 (031621)

Hi Kim. Quick questions. You stated that you are on your feet 8 hours a day. Does this consist of standing in pretty much one spot, or walking back and forth on a warehouse floor. I ask this because I used to work at a home health care pharmacy where I did primarly IV admixtures. I stood in front of a sterile laminer flow hood for 8 hours. I don't have PF, but my feet, calves, and knees hurt bad. The boss finaly allowed us to have a fatigue mat put in, which helped soooooo much. Also, have you been diagnosed with PF?
Richard, C.Ped