Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

numb patch under foot

Posted by joe g on 10/30/00 at 07:20 (031616)

For the past couple of weeks I'm noticing a sort of numb feeling in a small area (about the size of a quarter) under the foot, just back of the area between the big and second toe. The foot works and moves fine. I also notice what looks like a whiteish bump on the back of my heel for which I've never saw til now. Any thoughts?

Re: numb patch under foot

Dr. Biehler on 10/30/00 at 08:39 (031622)

The numbness could be caused by the 1st and 2nd metatarsal head compressing the nerve between them. Sometimes a shoe with a wider shoe box is all that is needed to relieve this numbness. For the bump on the heel, that could be many things. Keep an eye on it and if it starts to change or grow, have it evaluated by a doctor. Dr. B.

Re: numb patch under foot

Dr. Biehler on 10/30/00 at 08:39 (031622)

The numbness could be caused by the 1st and 2nd metatarsal head compressing the nerve between them. Sometimes a shoe with a wider shoe box is all that is needed to relieve this numbness. For the bump on the heel, that could be many things. Keep an eye on it and if it starts to change or grow, have it evaluated by a doctor. Dr. B.