Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What is eswt?

Posted by Shanna D. on 10/30/00 at 19:28 (031658)

I hear this mentioned alot but what is it?

Re: What is eswt?

Dr. Peter A. Wishnie on 10/30/00 at 22:06 (031670)

ESWT stands for extracorporeal shock wave therapy. By looking at this web site you will have a tremendous amount of information on ESWT. I am trained to perform this procedure and I am located in NJ. I have been practing podiatry for over 13 years. I performed numerous and various surgical procedures on heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. This includes a full open procedure which includes cutting the fascia and removing the spur to an endoscopic plantar release. I can tell you right now that the only procedure to do is ESWT. ESWT is not for everyone and a full evaluation is needed. If you would like additional information please e-mail me and I will send it out ASAP. Stay well. Dr. Wishnie

Kate on 10/31/00 at 07:16 (031688)

Welcome on board Dr.Wishnie. It's wonderful to know that such a great Dr. as yourself will be able to help even more people get this great treatment.
Dr. Zuckerman and I both look forward to working with you again.

Kate Jurman
ESWT Coordinator

P.S. My neck hurts again, I need those miracle magnets you spoke of!

Dr. Peter A. Wishnie on 10/30/00 at 22:06 (031670)

ESWT stands for extracorporeal shock wave therapy. By looking at this web site you will have a tremendous amount of information on ESWT. I am trained to perform this procedure and I am located in NJ. I have been practing podiatry for over 13 years. I performed numerous and various surgical procedures on heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. This includes a full open procedure which includes cutting the fascia and removing the spur to an endoscopic plantar release. I can tell you right now that the only procedure to do is ESWT. ESWT is not for everyone and a full evaluation is needed. If you would like additional information please e-mail me and I will send it out ASAP. Stay well. Dr. Wishnie

Kate on 10/31/00 at 07:16 (031688)

Welcome on board Dr.Wishnie. It's wonderful to know that such a great Dr. as yourself will be able to help even more people get this great treatment.
Dr. Zuckerman and I both look forward to working with you again.

Kate Jurman
ESWT Coordinator

P.S. My neck hurts again, I need those miracle magnets you spoke of!