Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Robert S. on 10/31/00 at 14:32 (031710)

Doctor:

Help!!

I used to run 5 - 6 miles daily.........25 - 30 miles weekly..........now due to Plantar I am luck if I run 12 miles a week.

I have gained weight from 195 to 210.

I need to regain my fitness status once again!!

Can you help me with appetite surpressents and anti-inflamatories?

Looking at a 1/2 marathon in the fall!!!

Please help!!!!

Robert S.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Dr. Biehler on 10/31/00 at 16:51 (031715)

As you know, if you are a serious runner, check the shoes. Are you changing them often enough? If you are injurred, stay away from the anti inflamatories. You will mask the pain and damage your fascia beyond repair. Have your feet evaluated biomechanicaly and see if you can help them this way. Don't be afraid to change your exercise routine to give the feet time to heal. Consult a professional incase you need to be started on physical therapy modalities. Please try to keep it from getting worse. Dr. B.

Dr. Wishnie on 10/31/00 at 19:34 (031722)

Dear Robert:

My first question is: What have you done for this? If you saw a Dr. what did he say? Get yourself evaluated. There is help and plenty of hope. You need a Dr. that wants to help you get back to the active lifestyle you deserve. Keep in touch.
Take care and stay well.

Dr. Wishnie

Dr. Biehler on 10/31/00 at 16:51 (031715)

As you know, if you are a serious runner, check the shoes. Are you changing them often enough? If you are injurred, stay away from the anti inflamatories. You will mask the pain and damage your fascia beyond repair. Have your feet evaluated biomechanicaly and see if you can help them this way. Don't be afraid to change your exercise routine to give the feet time to heal. Consult a professional incase you need to be started on physical therapy modalities. Please try to keep it from getting worse. Dr. B.

Dr. Wishnie on 10/31/00 at 19:34 (031722)

Dear Robert:

My first question is: What have you done for this? If you saw a Dr. what did he say? Get yourself evaluated. There is help and plenty of hope. You need a Dr. that wants to help you get back to the active lifestyle you deserve. Keep in touch.
Take care and stay well.

Dr. Wishnie