Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please Help

Posted by Margaret A Loper on 11/02/00 at 21:33 (031851)

Hi my name is Margaret i live in Wiggins Mississippi. I am 39 years old and i have a bad problem with my heels. I build custom Cabinets here in Mississippi and i need help my heels hurt me so bad i cannot hardly get out of bed in the morning. I have been taken Ultram for about eight months but they seem not to help any more.Please tell me what to do i cannot hardly work any more. I dont like needles in me and i know that i would have to have the shots.I want to know is there any thing else i can do?

Please contact me and let me know. Thank you for your time
Margaret Loper
Wiggins,Mississippi

Re: Please Help

Susan S on 11/03/00 at 07:37 (031861)

Realizing that I'm answering on the doctors board ... Have you seen a doctor other than your GP? Read Scott's book here and try a little of everything. The things that worked for me were nightsplints, stretching and, yes, the shots. I took two shots from a pod and swore I'd never take them again. Went to an orthorpedic surgeon who was very conservative in his treatment. The shots were the last resort. Took two from him which were not too bad and am back to functioning normally again. However, there is a huge debate here on the shots. I don't believe in the shots themselves as much as the doctor knowing what he is doing. I'll be glad to give you the doctors name if you are willing to drive a little. He's here in Starkville,
For now, stretch and warm up your feet before jumping out of bed! And no going barefoot

Scott R on 11/03/00 at 07:40 (031862)

Overall, visitors are ranking the shots as good asmany of the other treatments, so I toned-down some of my anti-shot comments in the book

Dr. Biehler on 11/03/00 at 19:17 (031882)

If you are going to try to self treat, the first place to gather information is Scott's book on this web site. One of the first things you want to do is evaluate you shoe gear. Are you wearing boots or sneakers while you work and do either of them offer any support and cushioning for your feet. You feet will need time to heel and the stresses and strains must be minimized durring this time. Dr. B

Bob G. on 11/03/00 at 21:01 (031889)

It would be a good idea to see a foot doctor to get an idea of what's going on. The doctor may have a good cure for you. Good luck! BG

Susan S on 11/03/00 at 07:37 (031861)

Realizing that I'm answering on the doctors board ... Have you seen a doctor other than your GP? Read Scott's book here and try a little of everything. The things that worked for me were nightsplints, stretching and, yes, the shots. I took two shots from a pod and swore I'd never take them again. Went to an orthorpedic surgeon who was very conservative in his treatment. The shots were the last resort. Took two from him which were not too bad and am back to functioning normally again. However, there is a huge debate here on the shots. I don't believe in the shots themselves as much as the doctor knowing what he is doing. I'll be glad to give you the doctors name if you are willing to drive a little. He's here in Starkville,
For now, stretch and warm up your feet before jumping out of bed! And no going barefoot

Scott R on 11/03/00 at 07:40 (031862)

Overall, visitors are ranking the shots as good asmany of the other treatments, so I toned-down some of my anti-shot comments in the book

Dr. Biehler on 11/03/00 at 19:17 (031882)

If you are going to try to self treat, the first place to gather information is Scott's book on this web site. One of the first things you want to do is evaluate you shoe gear. Are you wearing boots or sneakers while you work and do either of them offer any support and cushioning for your feet. You feet will need time to heel and the stresses and strains must be minimized durring this time. Dr. B

Bob G. on 11/03/00 at 21:01 (031889)

It would be a good idea to see a foot doctor to get an idea of what's going on. The doctor may have a good cure for you. Good luck! BG