Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT in Canada

Posted by Brad on 11/03/00 at 17:15 (031877)

From this site I already know I can get ESWT (ossatron) done in Canada. Do they have to see you as a patient for awhile?? Or is it like a vasectomy where all you do is make an appointment & jump in your car?? I only need the left as its been bothering me for about 18 mo. and I stretch, wear orthotics, eat lo-carb, and I lost 25# all to about a 50% reduction in pain and that while taking the occaisional IB Profen. How much do y'all think it is for just 1 foot??
Thanks much.
Brad
Translation:
Von dieser Site weiß ich bereits, daß ich ESWT (ossatron) erhalten kann getan in Kanada. Müssen sie Sie als Patient für eine Weile sehen?? Oder ist es mag einen Vasectomy, in dem aller, den Sie, ist festlegen eine Zusammenkunft

Re: ESWT in Canada

Dr. Biehler on 11/04/00 at 07:26 (031916)

I trhink the best thing to do is call them directly and see what they have to say. Dr. B

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/00 at 19:24 (032020)

Hi,

In Canada you must have either an ultrsound or mri regardless of what has been done. I do believe the ossatron gang all had this when they went for a field trip to Canada. I like to at least talk to the patient before they fly or drive to my office which is in Woodbury, New Jersey just outside of Philadelphia. Our cost is $2500 for one foot which includes all additional treatment and all post-op treatment . Once we start with a patient we continue our support and care until either they are cured or can't be cured. This includes the MIS foot surgery if it should be needed. I believe that the ossatron in Canada is $1500 per treatment and $1500 for each additional treatment. Don't quote me call them . If you call my office and speak with Katie my ESWT coordinator at 1-856-848-3338 she will speak with you and answer any questions you may have. You will find her very caring and at the same time very knowledgable in the ESWT field

David Lowy on 11/07/00 at 12:35 (032176)

Message Number 32177
Re: OrthoWave study participants--timetable? View Thread
Posted by Barb-NY on 11/07/00 at 13:01

Hi Nan...

I was told the same thing by Erlich. I'm going to ask him again during my next appointment on Nov. 20. I want a real answer this time. I would really like to find out if I'm in the placbeo group (which I think I am in) because I want to start trying some alternative treatments. I'm looking into prolotherapy

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/09/00 at 17:45 (032380)

I would think that you always hit the bone since the depth of shockwave treatment is at least 50mm for the orbasone and 78mm for the ossatron. What is it for the low energy machines. Since you are treating at the insertional point then you always hit the bone. So what is so bad about hitting the bone . We are assuming that the bone is a good piece of bone without any pathological problems

Dr. Biehler on 11/04/00 at 07:26 (031916)

I trhink the best thing to do is call them directly and see what they have to say. Dr. B

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/00 at 19:24 (032020)

Hi,

In Canada you must have either an ultrsound or mri regardless of what has been done. I do believe the ossatron gang all had this when they went for a field trip to Canada. I like to at least talk to the patient before they fly or drive to my office which is in Woodbury, New Jersey just outside of Philadelphia. Our cost is $2500 for one foot which includes all additional treatment and all post-op treatment . Once we start with a patient we continue our support and care until either they are cured or can't be cured. This includes the MIS foot surgery if it should be needed. I believe that the ossatron in Canada is $1500 per treatment and $1500 for each additional treatment. Don't quote me call them . If you call my office and speak with Katie my ESWT coordinator at 1-856-848-3338 she will speak with you and answer any questions you may have. You will find her very caring and at the same time very knowledgable in the ESWT field

David Lowy on 11/07/00 at 12:35 (032176)

Message Number 32177
Re: OrthoWave study participants--timetable? View Thread
Posted by Barb-NY on 11/07/00 at 13:01

Hi Nan...

I was told the same thing by Erlich. I'm going to ask him again during my next appointment on Nov. 20. I want a real answer this time. I would really like to find out if I'm in the placbeo group (which I think I am in) because I want to start trying some alternative treatments. I'm looking into prolotherapy

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/09/00 at 17:45 (032380)

I would think that you always hit the bone since the depth of shockwave treatment is at least 50mm for the orbasone and 78mm for the ossatron. What is it for the low energy machines. Since you are treating at the insertional point then you always hit the bone. So what is so bad about hitting the bone . We are assuming that the bone is a good piece of bone without any pathological problems