Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

back to the lump

Posted by Rina S on 11/04/00 at 17:11 (031948)

Dr Z.,
I had the orbasone tx done by Dr. Weil Sr. in Des Plaines, Illinois the Thursday following Labor Day. The tx targeted under my right heel but more to the inside of the heel, so to the left side of my right heel. This is where most of my discomfort was at the time of tx. I never had a lump there prior to tx. To refresh your memory, I felt fine following tx but now there is almost like this lump at the site of tx and it has a bruised type feeling to it when touched or when I walk on it and I happen to step on that part of the heel,(off to the left side of the right heel). There also is a funny sensation that is difficult to describe, when I run that site. Almost like a tingling or like when you hit your funny bone type of sensation. I am more concerned though with the discomfort I feel if i press on it or happen to hit that spot when walking. There is no visible bruising but there are two little sore like spots, very little at the same sight. What could all this possibly mean or be? Thank you for your insight and experitse.
Sincerely,
Rina

Re: back to the lump

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/00 at 16:26 (032006)

Hi,

It could be the healing process going on . It can take up to 12 weeks for the healing process to take place. it could be an additional area that needs treatment. Have you discuss this with Dr. Weil Sr.. He would be in a better position to evaluate with an examination

Re: back to the lump

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/00 at 16:26 (032006)

Hi,

It could be the healing process going on . It can take up to 12 weeks for the healing process to take place. it could be an additional area that needs treatment. Have you discuss this with Dr. Weil Sr.. He would be in a better position to evaluate with an examination