Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgery vs ESWT

Posted by Jason H. on 11/05/00 at 10:06 (031978)

Hello,
I have been suffering from Plantar Fascitis for some time now and have been doing small things for years. I have inserts in my shoes, I have tried stretching, therapy, massage, oral meds, Ibuprofin ointment and cortisone shots as well. I live in Taiwan, and my Dr. says that I should have the surgury to repair my heels. He also metioned ESWT and was curious about which one would cure my feet better and quicker. I am loosing weight and continue to enjoy life.. just with the damn pain in my feet! Please help!

Yours,
Jason

Re: Surgery vs ESWT

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/00 at 16:23 (032005)

Hi,

Good question. In my practice we offer ESWT for Chronic Pf and or heel spur pain. The healing time for ESWT is anywhere from days to up to three months . With heel spur surgery the healing time can be from six months to one year. The complication with ESWT are nite and day when comparing. There is no permanent nerve damage or collaspe of the arch or lateral cuboid-calanues pain as well RSD which is life threating . So if you have the choice and are a good candidate for ESWT it is the procedure of choice for chronic heel pain . This not only Dr. Zuckerman opinion the world literature and FDA trials support this conclusion as well as the track record for ESWT in Europe and Candian during the past ten years. Did you know that ESWT has been used in Europe since 1991

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/06/00 at 21:52 (032133)

If you can get ESWT and you can afford to pay for it, then do it before any foot surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/00 at 16:23 (032005)

Hi,

Good question. In my practice we offer ESWT for Chronic Pf and or heel spur pain. The healing time for ESWT is anywhere from days to up to three months . With heel spur surgery the healing time can be from six months to one year. The complication with ESWT are nite and day when comparing. There is no permanent nerve damage or collaspe of the arch or lateral cuboid-calanues pain as well RSD which is life threating . So if you have the choice and are a good candidate for ESWT it is the procedure of choice for chronic heel pain . This not only Dr. Zuckerman opinion the world literature and FDA trials support this conclusion as well as the track record for ESWT in Europe and Candian during the past ten years. Did you know that ESWT has been used in Europe since 1991

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/06/00 at 21:52 (032133)

If you can get ESWT and you can afford to pay for it, then do it before any foot surgery