Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Rigid Orthotics as a Cause

Posted by Scott R on 11/05/00 at 11:57 (031992)

Dr. Z mentioned that rigid orthotics should be taught to be a cause of PF. I think this is a good idea and will add it to the 'causes ' section of the book
x

Re: Rigid Orthotics as a Cause

wendyn on 11/05/00 at 12:34 (031997)

IMNSHO - I think that rigid orthotics can be a cause of all kinds of problems - not just PF. There are just too many of us that have developed all kinds of new problems (including TTS) AFTER wearing that type of orthotic

alan k on 11/06/00 at 06:15 (032053)

Of course we should also acknowledge that rigid orthotics can be effective for many.

But I would have to add myself to the list after developing tts-like symptoms following orthotic use, and diminishment after switching to Birkenstocks.

alan k

wendyn on 11/05/00 at 12:34 (031997)

IMNSHO - I think that rigid orthotics can be a cause of all kinds of problems - not just PF. There are just too many of us that have developed all kinds of new problems (including TTS) AFTER wearing that type of orthotic

alan k on 11/06/00 at 06:15 (032053)

Of course we should also acknowledge that rigid orthotics can be effective for many.

But I would have to add myself to the list after developing tts-like symptoms following orthotic use, and diminishment after switching to Birkenstocks.

alan k