Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain diagnoses

Posted by Kay S. on 11/05/00 at 13:30 (032000)

I have seen 3 podiatrists, one neurologist, one ortho surgeon, two chiropractors, and numerous therapists and two orthotists over the past 4.5 years. 8 wks ago I had surgery for release of tarsal tunnel, which did NOT relieve my heel pain. Now the ortho says I have PF, which I have had before, among other things diagnosed, mostly because no one can come up with any relief for me. I am a nurse, work in same day surgery, and do a lot of sitting on the bed with the patients because I cannot stand without excruciating pain. I have had every treatment except the ossatron, which will be my next step when I am released from the ortho surgeon. I have had every test imaginable also, and am reaching the point where my spirit is waning in my quest for some relief. Any thoughts on this? Any new ideas or suggestions?
x

Re: heel pain diagnoses

Kay S. on 11/05/00 at 13:32 (032001)

I forgot to mention that this is a BILATERAL problem!
x

Steve P on 11/05/00 at 17:43 (032011)

Kay -- Welcome to the board. Obviously, you have a tough case & have a complicated history. You might want to ask some questions on the ESWT Message Board on this website. I suggest you repeat your post there & ask whether you are a good candidate for ESWT. One of the podiatrists will answer you & you can begin a dialog on that subject.

best wishes...........Steve
x

Mike Fiore on 11/11/00 at 19:31 (032546)

Message Number 32547
Re: Sudden SHARP/NO ENDING pain in arch...limping again. drats! View Thread
Posted by JudyS on 11/11/00 at 19:35

Hi Beverly - I hope I can get you to not worry too much, if at all, about a rupture. That's such an unlikely thing and you've probably been strongly influenced by some of our reports here - the word 'some' is the operative one in that a rupture is so rare.
I've got to say that, like you, I continue to get jolts of pain now and then that stop me in my tracks - I stare at my feet and wonder 'what the hell was THAT about?'. I've gotten used to it and just ignore it now by chalking it up to the on-going process. For me, it's extremely easy to read too much in to something like that and get myself all worked up. I've gotten much better at focusing on the good stuff - like the fact that today I actually SHOPPED for three hours! I had virtually no soreness in one foot and, at the three-hour mark, the other was starting so we headed for the nearby Rubios and had dinner! Now, I would imagine that, as this insidious little thing goes, tomorrow will be a different story but I hope you can find a comparison of progress somewhere in your experience. And now, I'm headed for the Southern Comfort and a juicy novel!

Kay S on 11/12/00 at 12:50 (032592)

Welcome to the fellow foot sufferers group! I know that it has just made me feel better to share some of my trials and tribulations with others who have 'been there, done that' and I hope you will find the same as you visit this site. Good luck with the VA. Has anyone ever said what your diagnosis is???? That is important to know because there are lots of new things out there to try. Make those docs tell you what you have!!!!

Kay S. on 11/05/00 at 13:32 (032001)

I forgot to mention that this is a BILATERAL problem!
x

Steve P on 11/05/00 at 17:43 (032011)

Kay -- Welcome to the board. Obviously, you have a tough case & have a complicated history. You might want to ask some questions on the ESWT Message Board on this website. I suggest you repeat your post there & ask whether you are a good candidate for ESWT. One of the podiatrists will answer you & you can begin a dialog on that subject.

best wishes...........Steve
x

Mike Fiore on 11/11/00 at 19:31 (032546)

Message Number 32547
Re: Sudden SHARP/NO ENDING pain in arch...limping again. drats! View Thread
Posted by JudyS on 11/11/00 at 19:35

Hi Beverly - I hope I can get you to not worry too much, if at all, about a rupture. That's such an unlikely thing and you've probably been strongly influenced by some of our reports here - the word 'some' is the operative one in that a rupture is so rare.
I've got to say that, like you, I continue to get jolts of pain now and then that stop me in my tracks - I stare at my feet and wonder 'what the hell was THAT about?'. I've gotten used to it and just ignore it now by chalking it up to the on-going process. For me, it's extremely easy to read too much in to something like that and get myself all worked up. I've gotten much better at focusing on the good stuff - like the fact that today I actually SHOPPED for three hours! I had virtually no soreness in one foot and, at the three-hour mark, the other was starting so we headed for the nearby Rubios and had dinner! Now, I would imagine that, as this insidious little thing goes, tomorrow will be a different story but I hope you can find a comparison of progress somewhere in your experience. And now, I'm headed for the Southern Comfort and a juicy novel!

Kay S on 11/12/00 at 12:50 (032592)

Welcome to the fellow foot sufferers group! I know that it has just made me feel better to share some of my trials and tribulations with others who have 'been there, done that' and I hope you will find the same as you visit this site. Good luck with the VA. Has anyone ever said what your diagnosis is???? That is important to know because there are lots of new things out there to try. Make those docs tell you what you have!!!!