Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgery on Nov 8 (Fascia release and removal of heel spur)

Posted by Becky on 11/06/00 at 09:55 (032065)

Message Number 32066
Re: ESWT Progress View Thread
Posted by Barbara TX on 11/06/00 at 10:12

Thanks, Julie...

I am of the stretching routine for now. I was very methodical about stretching and several doctors/chiropractors watched me do it (no bent knees, feet flat to the ground, etc.) with glowing approval. I quit stretching and saw my biggest jump in improvement yet (right before I had ESWT). Go figure. My theory is that my pf was caused by an injury rather than overuse of liaments and tendons that are too tight... It is a long and gory tale. I jumped off a chair toward the ceiling trying to grab my son's stray balloon. I landed on the floor with a sickening shock to both feet, although only one is affected severely now. That was the most expensive balloon known to man. Oh, well. I will take a look at the Acu-Flex and work on strengthening - that is a good point. I am back to the crutches now and I want to stay resonably toned. Hope you see a sunbeam today! B

Re: Surgery on Nov 8 (Fascia release and removal of heel spur)

DANA on 11/06/00 at 20:40 (032117)

MY PODIATRIST DOES NOT RECOMMEND HAVING BOTH DONE AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE YOU'LL NEED THE OTHER FOOT TO RELY ON GETTING AROUND THE FIRST WEEK ESPECIALLY. I KNOW I HAD EPF ON MY HEEL 2 WEEKS AGO AND AM JUST NOW STARTING TO FEEL BACK TO NORMAL. I LIMPED AND FAVORED MY OTHER FOOT THE FIRST WEEK AND A HALF. I CAN'T IMAGINE BOTH AT ONCE. GOOD LUCK!

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/06/00 at 21:46 (032130)

If its the same foot and not the opposite foot then both together is a very logical choice. I do both via miminial incision foot surgery . Why just cut the fascia if the heel spur (calcification) is right at your finger tips when doing the surgery. In the past twenty two years i have had to go back a few time when I just released the fascia and didn't remove the heel spur. This is only in one foot . Don't have two feet done at the same time

JudyS on 11/07/00 at 09:38 (032161)

Becky - my husband had both done - the PF partial release combined with reducing the heel spur. It was very successful for him with limited soreness and discomfort in the days after. He wore a surgical 'boot' for a few weeks plus crutches. He didn't try to run or anything like that for a good six months to a year after and he's doing well now

DANA on 11/06/00 at 20:40 (032117)

MY PODIATRIST DOES NOT RECOMMEND HAVING BOTH DONE AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE YOU'LL NEED THE OTHER FOOT TO RELY ON GETTING AROUND THE FIRST WEEK ESPECIALLY. I KNOW I HAD EPF ON MY HEEL 2 WEEKS AGO AND AM JUST NOW STARTING TO FEEL BACK TO NORMAL. I LIMPED AND FAVORED MY OTHER FOOT THE FIRST WEEK AND A HALF. I CAN'T IMAGINE BOTH AT ONCE. GOOD LUCK!

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/06/00 at 21:46 (032130)

If its the same foot and not the opposite foot then both together is a very logical choice. I do both via miminial incision foot surgery . Why just cut the fascia if the heel spur (calcification) is right at your finger tips when doing the surgery. In the past twenty two years i have had to go back a few time when I just released the fascia and didn't remove the heel spur. This is only in one foot . Don't have two feet done at the same time

JudyS on 11/07/00 at 09:38 (032161)

Becky - my husband had both done - the PF partial release combined with reducing the heel spur. It was very successful for him with limited soreness and discomfort in the days after. He wore a surgical 'boot' for a few weeks plus crutches. He didn't try to run or anything like that for a good six months to a year after and he's doing well now