Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Baby is here

Posted by Nicole V.R. on 11/06/00 at 15:46 (032089)

Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry for not posting sooner - having a baby is more work than I could have ever imagined! Alex was born on Oct. 19, a happy, healthy boy weighing 10 lbs., 15 ozs., 23 1/2 inches long. I had a C-section and for the first two weeks after his birth my foot felt the best it ever has. Credit it to the joy of having a new baby or the pain in my abdomen overshadowing the pain in my foot, I'm not sure. This week my foot still feels fabulous - only minor pain and if I didn't already know I have PF I might not even notice it. I really have been neglecting my foot, though - by getting up without slipping on my shoes in the middle of the night to tend to the baby. I put the crutches away - can't carry my huge newborn and use them! The baby has suffered no ill effects from my ESWT performed while I was pregnant with him. He's as healthy as they come! Take care everyone!

Re: ESWT Baby is here

Barbara TX on 11/06/00 at 16:50 (032099)

CONGRATULATIONS! You have the double blessing of a healthy baby and good-feeling feet! B

wendyn on 11/06/00 at 19:56 (032114)

Congratulations from me too! But - be careful, if you're on pain meds for the C-section, it's probably killing the pain in your feet too

Re: To Nicole and Wendyn (and Scott!)

Kim B. on 11/06/00 at 20:59 (032118)

10 lbs. 15 oz.? That's not a baby, that's a Toyota!!

Just kidding, you've probably already heard that one anyway. Seriously Nicole, Congrats on the baby and the success of the c-section. (That certianly no picnic, I can tell ya.)

Nicole, get out the baby buggy or put the stroller in the laying down position to push that big, healthy baby around in, EVEN at home, in the house. Take my advice, no since in getting your neck, back and arms aggrevated, you've already got the feet and c-section thing to deal with.

My tempermental c-seciton baby, wanted to go everywhere I went, and screamed to high heaven if I so much as left him alone for just a minute to go put away a load of freshly folded towels. Also, his leg muscles were so strong, that by the time he was 8 months old, I had golfers elbow AND tennis elbow in the same arm from changing his diapers. My Mom said it was like trying to put a diaper on an octopus. Anyway, you've got your hands full, so pamper your own body as much as possible. You take in all the help people are willing to give you. There will be lots of 'alone time' later. It gets tough, then it get tolerable, then it gets better.

Wendyn, 'IF' she's is on pain med for the C-section? Don't make me laugh! Although, you make a good point re: taking pain meds for other things and it camoflauging (sp?) other symptoms.

Scott, FYI I have no option to keep this out of the archives. I am replying from a listing in my 'view messages since last visit' option.

Kim B

Re: Kim Kim Kim Kim

wendyn on 11/06/00 at 21:44 (032129)

Kim, in my own defense - I had 2 C-Sections - one of them was preceeded by some 50+ hours of labor when I was 16, so I do know the pain associated with a C-Section!

I only said 'If' - because I seem to think that the baby was born Oct 19 (I don't have the post in front of me). Since this was a few weeks ago now, she may be off the meds. I was on Demerol for about 48 hours and then plain old extra strength tylenol after that. I think for about 2 weeks. The first time around I had Tylenol with codeine but later developed an allergy for it. I think the first time I was only on pain medicine for about 2 weeks as well. I do know that my baby was born mid Aug and I was back at school the first week of September. Not that I'd recommend that! I do know that it was a much faster recovery (by far) from a c-section than from bunion surgery. And I dare say - the bunion surgery was more painful for longer. And no baby to show for it either

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/07/00 at 18:13 (032205)

how about little zucky. I was named after my great great grandfather who shot his own foot to avoid the Russian army. So this is the story i am told by my mother

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/07/00 at 18:15 (032206)

Great,

Still try to slip some kind of shoe on . this is a prevention

Barbara TX on 11/06/00 at 16:50 (032099)

CONGRATULATIONS! You have the double blessing of a healthy baby and good-feeling feet! B

wendyn on 11/06/00 at 19:56 (032114)

Congratulations from me too! But - be careful, if you're on pain meds for the C-section, it's probably killing the pain in your feet too

Re: To Nicole and Wendyn (and Scott!)

Kim B. on 11/06/00 at 20:59 (032118)

10 lbs. 15 oz.? That's not a baby, that's a Toyota!!

Just kidding, you've probably already heard that one anyway. Seriously Nicole, Congrats on the baby and the success of the c-section. (That certianly no picnic, I can tell ya.)

Nicole, get out the baby buggy or put the stroller in the laying down position to push that big, healthy baby around in, EVEN at home, in the house. Take my advice, no since in getting your neck, back and arms aggrevated, you've already got the feet and c-section thing to deal with.

My tempermental c-seciton baby, wanted to go everywhere I went, and screamed to high heaven if I so much as left him alone for just a minute to go put away a load of freshly folded towels. Also, his leg muscles were so strong, that by the time he was 8 months old, I had golfers elbow AND tennis elbow in the same arm from changing his diapers. My Mom said it was like trying to put a diaper on an octopus. Anyway, you've got your hands full, so pamper your own body as much as possible. You take in all the help people are willing to give you. There will be lots of 'alone time' later. It gets tough, then it get tolerable, then it gets better.

Wendyn, 'IF' she's is on pain med for the C-section? Don't make me laugh! Although, you make a good point re: taking pain meds for other things and it camoflauging (sp?) other symptoms.

Scott, FYI I have no option to keep this out of the archives. I am replying from a listing in my 'view messages since last visit' option.

Kim B

wendyn on 11/06/00 at 21:44 (032129)

Kim, in my own defense - I had 2 C-Sections - one of them was preceeded by some 50+ hours of labor when I was 16, so I do know the pain associated with a C-Section!

I only said 'If' - because I seem to think that the baby was born Oct 19 (I don't have the post in front of me). Since this was a few weeks ago now, she may be off the meds. I was on Demerol for about 48 hours and then plain old extra strength tylenol after that. I think for about 2 weeks. The first time around I had Tylenol with codeine but later developed an allergy for it. I think the first time I was only on pain medicine for about 2 weeks as well. I do know that my baby was born mid Aug and I was back at school the first week of September. Not that I'd recommend that! I do know that it was a much faster recovery (by far) from a c-section than from bunion surgery. And I dare say - the bunion surgery was more painful for longer. And no baby to show for it either

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/07/00 at 18:13 (032205)

how about little zucky. I was named after my great great grandfather who shot his own foot to avoid the Russian army. So this is the story i am told by my mother

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/07/00 at 18:15 (032206)

Great,

Still try to slip some kind of shoe on . this is a prevention