Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Worker's comp needs help

Posted by Scott R on 11/06/00 at 19:47 (032113)

Here's a message I got. Please respond to her directly by email if you can help and do a copy to this message board so I can record what she was told for future questions like this.

Hi Scott,

my name is Renata, I am an occupationnal therapist (from Montreal, QC) and I presently have a workman compensation case involving plantar fasciitis. I read the article on the web and the causes of plantar fasciitis included, however, I was wondering if you would know about other scientific articles which discuss further the causes then what is already included. The primary reason for me to ask this from you is that this case is a problematic work compensation case and I am not sure that giving just the web site adress in my references will be enough for me to build a case.

I have already tried to find some references on your web site but without succes. I hope that my demand is not to forward and I want to thank you in advance for your help.

Truly Renata Jerabek (O.T.).
ergospec@qc.aira.com

Re: cc: What I sent to Renata's email.

Kim B. on 11/06/00 at 21:21 (032122)

Hi Renata,

I have a small suggestion you can work with until someone comes with some better info for you. It's not exactly scientific data though.

I jumped over to Dr. Everett Koop's site at http://www.drkoop.com you may have heard of him, he was the United States Surgeon for a number of years. they say he knows a lot about medical issure. He had some factual information on the topics of heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. 'Some' of it 'could' be favorable is a case like you mentioned. Surely, they should be willing to consider the advice of the previous Surgeon of the United States of America.

I used the key word search using 'plantar fasciitis' and 'heel spurs' separately.

Good luck, Kim B.

OOPPS! Correction: I meant to put 'SURGEON GENERAL of the United States' where it says 'Surgeon of the United States' and 'United States Surgeon. (More typos for the typo queen.)

Re: cc: What I sent to Renata's email.

Kim B. on 11/06/00 at 21:21 (032122)

Hi Renata,

I have a small suggestion you can work with until someone comes with some better info for you. It's not exactly scientific data though.

I jumped over to Dr. Everett Koop's site at http://www.drkoop.com you may have heard of him, he was the United States Surgeon for a number of years. they say he knows a lot about medical issure. He had some factual information on the topics of heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. 'Some' of it 'could' be favorable is a case like you mentioned. Surely, they should be willing to consider the advice of the previous Surgeon of the United States of America.

I used the key word search using 'plantar fasciitis' and 'heel spurs' separately.

Good luck, Kim B.

OOPPS! Correction: I meant to put 'SURGEON GENERAL of the United States' where it says 'Surgeon of the United States' and 'United States Surgeon. (More typos for the typo queen.)