Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MISSING TOE NAIL

Posted by cassie a on 11/06/00 at 20:02 (032115)

Message Number 32116
Re: Is there relief in sight? View Thread
Posted by Debbie J on 11/06/00 at 20:29

Hi Dr.Z.
How do you r/o entrapment? By history, PE? Will MRI show this? My MD just said I probably have entrapment and need OR. He said that 3yrs is too long to have just pf.The arch of my foot doesn't hurt like it did years ago, now I'm left with severe pain and occ burning on the medial aspect of my rt heel, esp. after long hrs of being on my feet.
Is this entrapment? Debbie J

Re: MISSING TOE NAIL

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/06/00 at 21:36 (032127)

Hi,

This is a very common question that I have been asked over the years, so don't feel like you are the first . It is a very good question . You can paint the nail bed with a colored nail polish. How about going to a nail salon and ask them to place a nail tip on the toe nail. If you haven't tried any of these let me know and i will ask a local nail salon that I do consultant work for.

Dr. Zuckerman

Re: MISSING TOE NAIL

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/06/00 at 21:36 (032127)

Hi,

This is a very common question that I have been asked over the years, so don't feel like you are the first . It is a very good question . You can paint the nail bed with a colored nail polish. How about going to a nail salon and ask them to place a nail tip on the toe nail. If you haven't tried any of these let me know and i will ask a local nail salon that I do consultant work for.

Dr. Zuckerman