Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Well yesterday

Posted by cindyp on 11/07/00 at 18:03 (032200)

Message Number 32201
Re: Idea for "Ask The Doctors" - Dr Z. View Thread
Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 11/07/00 at 18:04

This would help. I alway ask the patient to tell me their story . So here are a few questions that may be helpful

1. Do you limp in the morning?
2. Tell me the typical day you have and when you have the pain. In the morning, end of day. driving, sitting. When is the pain the worse.
3. How long have you had the pain.

4. Was there trauma to the area.?

5. How is your back, hips, knees, and ankle.

6. What do you think caused this heel pain.

7. What kind of shoes do you wear.

8. What kind of treatment have you had?. Did it help. Did the treatments make it worse?

9. Have you read Scott online pf book. If not why not.

10 What activities did you do before the heel problem. what can't you do now.

11. Type of pain? Where is the pain

12. how is your spelling and has it caused you to avoid help on heelspurs.com. Don't worry your doctor will help your spelling if necessary.

13. Do you walk . do you use a trend mill. Do you consider yourself an active person. Do you have children to watch and take care of.

14. Rate you level of pain from 1-10 with 10 being the worse type of pain
15. Gneral health. Do you have any type of arthritis? Do you have poor circulation. Do you have a history of back surgery . Have you had any type of lower back pain or radiating type of pain down your leg.
16. i am now on a roll. What is your weight . Has it increased before the heel pain started.
17. Describe the color and appearance of your foot. Is it cold is it red. is there pain in your calf when do you have leg pain.if you do.
do. Oh just come right over to my office and let me take a look.

This could really be a great step in expanding the ask the doctors

18. What sports activities do you do. What type of stretching if any are you doing. What types of devices and methods of stretching have you been doing.

19. Time out i am going to watch the elections returns i will came back in a few hours.

20. i will see if i can get a specific form for the evaluation of heel pain for Scott to review. Kim your comments are making me think

Thanks.

Dr. Z.

16. G

Re: Well yesterday

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/07/00 at 18:10 (032204)

Hi,

Find out exactly what they are going to do . I use an alcohol scerotic solution for neuroma. This may be a very good approach for your foot. Let me know and i will help you. don't worry all mri's are
logged in at my office now. I have used this for neuroma's between the toes. if you can get relief with a local anesthetic then the solution can then be injected at that site. if you can find out what solution or technique they are using i will find out the chance of sucess

cindyp on 11/08/00 at 13:07 (032267)

Message Number 32269
Re: Definition View Thread
Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 11/08/00 at 13:22

Hi Barb,
A pedorthist pretty much deals with below the ankle support. I am not certified to fit braces on people. An orthotist is able to make custom orthtics as well as braces. I have had people come to me with an RX for an AFO or ankle/foot/orthosis. This is a device that is attached at the calf, and goes down the back of the leg, then under the foot to around the ball. It is used for different conditions, but I have used one primarly for stroke victims who have developed foot drop. Since this device can either be off the shelf or custom made, I would check with the physician to see if a generic AFO could be used. Most of the time the one that I supply is sufficient. If the physician wanted a custom AFO used, I would refer the customer to a facility that I trust to make the AFO for them. That facility better be appreciative, I trust very few people in this business to do the job correctly. To find one in your area, try looking up 'Prostetic Devices' the yellow pages. Your PT may have suggested an orthotist only because no one knows what a pedorthist is. It is a young term and we are trying to get the name more familiar with the medical and general public. You can find a C.Ped in your area by looking up the Board for Certification in Pedorthics web page. I know that there are some in NY, because I went to school with a few.
Hope this helps!
Richard

Dr Zuckerman on 11/08/00 at 13:48 (032271)

Hi,

I am not sure of this medication. Sorry. If you can get the exact drug and amount i will research this for you

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/07/00 at 18:10 (032204)

Hi,

Find out exactly what they are going to do . I use an alcohol scerotic solution for neuroma. This may be a very good approach for your foot. Let me know and i will help you. don't worry all mri's are
logged in at my office now. I have used this for neuroma's between the toes. if you can get relief with a local anesthetic then the solution can then be injected at that site. if you can find out what solution or technique they are using i will find out the chance of sucess

cindyp on 11/08/00 at 13:07 (032267)

Message Number 32269
Re: Definition View Thread
Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 11/08/00 at 13:22

Hi Barb,
A pedorthist pretty much deals with below the ankle support. I am not certified to fit braces on people. An orthotist is able to make custom orthtics as well as braces. I have had people come to me with an RX for an AFO or ankle/foot/orthosis. This is a device that is attached at the calf, and goes down the back of the leg, then under the foot to around the ball. It is used for different conditions, but I have used one primarly for stroke victims who have developed foot drop. Since this device can either be off the shelf or custom made, I would check with the physician to see if a generic AFO could be used. Most of the time the one that I supply is sufficient. If the physician wanted a custom AFO used, I would refer the customer to a facility that I trust to make the AFO for them. That facility better be appreciative, I trust very few people in this business to do the job correctly. To find one in your area, try looking up 'Prostetic Devices' the yellow pages. Your PT may have suggested an orthotist only because no one knows what a pedorthist is. It is a young term and we are trying to get the name more familiar with the medical and general public. You can find a C.Ped in your area by looking up the Board for Certification in Pedorthics web page. I know that there are some in NY, because I went to school with a few.
Hope this helps!
Richard

Dr Zuckerman on 11/08/00 at 13:48 (032271)

Hi,

I am not sure of this medication. Sorry. If you can get the exact drug and amount i will research this for you