Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z and Kate....thanks...and where exactly are you located in New Jersey?

Posted by Sue R on 11/07/00 at 21:21 (032223)

Message Number 32224
Re: One Naughty Day View Thread
Posted by wendyn on 11/07/00 at 21:34

Barb, I can't remember how old your kids are? I love your kid horror stories. What else can you do? You have to laugh. Or drink lots. I recommend laughing.

I will share a kid story with you (I have a million of em) maybe it will make you laugh. Or cry.

When my son was about 4, we'd been over at a friends place to visit. I had coffee with my girlfriend - and our (then) 4 year old boys played nicely for a change. Usually they played for a bit, had a disagreement and then it degraded into something from WWF where they hit each other over the heads with Tonka trucks. But that particular day they were quiet. Too quiet.

A few hours after I got home, my girlfriend called. She asked me to ask my son if he might know what may be wrong with her toilet (her son refused to 'fess up). It went something like this...

'Do you know what's wrong with Laurie's toilet?'
Child looks me right in the eyes and says..
'Am I in trouble if I know what's wrong with Laurie's toilet?'
'Well you're in a lot less trouble if you just tell me what you guys did to it, than if you lie and I find out later.'
'Okay. I know what's wrong with Laurie's toilet.'
'_What_ did you two put in that toilet?'
'Oh....just some cars....and some lego....and a toothbrush. And a razor. And the toothpaste. And that's all.'

Her son also cut his hair once, actually twice I think. His bangs. Basically right off at the scalp. He looked most beautiful, as it grew back in - sticking straight up. She was embarassed to be seen with him. I think it was around the same time as the toilet incident.

Once I walked in on them and they were spray painting my wall with juice boxes (if you squeeze them the juice squirts out the straw). Endless hours of inexpensive fun.

Around the same time they knocked a large cloth picture off the wall (one of those types that's stretched over a wooden frame). It was about 4 feet long. They propped it against his bed and used it as a slide until they ripped through it.

Any time you want to share more kid horror stories - you let me know! As long as Nicole (the new mom) doesn't read these - we should be okay

Re: Dr. Z and Kate....thanks...and where exactly are you located in New Jersey?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/08/00 at 15:32 (032276)

The elastic ankle-heel-arch supports come in a few different sizes. Small , medium, large, extra large. It shouldn'y feel too tight. You may have to have two different sizes if your foot-ankle swells.. One for the morning and one size for when the foot swells. You just change the elastic support if the foot and elastic support are starting to hurt each other. Sometimes you have to just take off the elastic support for a few hours to just rest the foot. Will wait for the mri report. We are outside of Philadelphia, Pa or down the road from Newark about two hours. We are also about two hours from the Baltimore- Washington airport. If you should need to come John H will tell his experience about flying into Baltimore and then driving. He did very well but he is also John H.
Anyway try to keep your spirits up

Re: Dr. Z and Kate....thanks...and where exactly are you located in New Jersey?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/08/00 at 15:32 (032276)

The elastic ankle-heel-arch supports come in a few different sizes. Small , medium, large, extra large. It shouldn'y feel too tight. You may have to have two different sizes if your foot-ankle swells.. One for the morning and one size for when the foot swells. You just change the elastic support if the foot and elastic support are starting to hurt each other. Sometimes you have to just take off the elastic support for a few hours to just rest the foot. Will wait for the mri report. We are outside of Philadelphia, Pa or down the road from Newark about two hours. We are also about two hours from the Baltimore- Washington airport. If you should need to come John H will tell his experience about flying into Baltimore and then driving. He did very well but he is also John H.
Anyway try to keep your spirits up