Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Over 4 yrs of PF, Surgery Last Feb & even worse off! Help!

Posted by Dan L on 11/08/00 at 19:22 (032306)

Message Number 32307
Re: Fractured heel spur?? View Thread
Posted by Sharon on 11/08/00 at 19:31

Message Number 32309
Re: ESWT-Ossatron Cost Factor/PF & Tennis Elbow View Thread
Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 11/08/00 at 19:47

Message Number 32310
Bilateral PF surgery Last Feb.( Now in terrible shape.) View Thread
Posted by Dan L on 11/08/00 at 19:49

Message Number 32311
Re: OrthoWave study participants--results? View Thread
Posted by Nancy N on 11/08/00 at 19:51

I am pretty sure I got the placebo, too. A friend of mine also went up for the study and her experience was very different from mine--I never felt a thing after the injection (aside from whatever made it nearly impossible for me to walk the second time once the lidocaine wore off). I never felt any better until I started taking the Celebrex, and if I stop taking it, I'm sure I won't feel as good.

I've been using the Acu-Flex, which I also think has helped, and have been wearing the walk/run Spencos for about two weeks, which help the feeling of stress in my arch. I think both those things have done more than the treatment I got, and am really hoping that I got the placebo--I have improved since my first treatment in August, but I don't credit the treatment. My friend had a lot of soreness for a few days, but then got quite a bit of relief, so that's my basis for my guess.

I wish they would give us a concrete timeframe, because it does seem to be fluid, though that may be the nature of the study, since I imagine it takes a while to fill the study. I'm dying to go take dance lessons but am afraid to do it until I'm more consistently better.

Dr Z--My friend felt good enough this past weekend, a little less than six weeks after her second treatment, to go out and play tennis. Afterwards, she felt like she put herself right back to where she started. Is that possible? Does that mean she is back to square one, or do you think any reinjury will heal faster as a result of the ESWT?

Re: Over 4 yrs of PF, Surgery Last Feb & even worse off! Help!

Dr Zuckerman on 11/08/00 at 19:55 (032312)

Well,
Lets see where do we begin. What does your doctor think is going on?. Have you been to any physical therapy. I would get an MRI to see what the pf and other structures look like.

First of the pain around the rim is from the Achilles Tendon have to work to stop the foot from just hitting the ground. The shooting pain is tendon healing usually. It can take up to six months to one year for bilateral heel pf releases to heal.

Tell me what plans the doctor has for you to help you get thru this.??

If you have been to physical therapy get there as soon as possible
Dr. Zuckeman

Kay S on 11/09/00 at 19:10 (032389)

You poor thing! I can relate to the frustration but it still makes me cringe when someone else explains their situation and I know just how it feels. One thing I will tell you---from my personal experience (9 weeks post op tarsal tunnel release), don't have anything more surgical done unless you are absolutely sure this will make you better! And if you know a good physical therapist who can examine your feet and how you walk and your muscle strength, etc., maybe that person can come up with some ideas for helping you. I'm amazed that you can be on your feet for ten minutes, though it sure doesn't sound like it's too comfortable! I hope you find something to help you here, but in the meantime, hang in there with us fellow sufferers!

Dr Zuckerman on 11/09/00 at 21:01 (032401)

Heel spur surgery on both feet is going to take a very long time to heel. So get to physical therapy as soon as possible to give your muscles and ligament, tendons in the best strenght and flexibility that you can while the heel spur surgey is healing. This could take up to and even longer then one year to heal

Dr Zuckerman on 11/08/00 at 19:55 (032312)

Well,
Lets see where do we begin. What does your doctor think is going on?. Have you been to any physical therapy. I would get an MRI to see what the pf and other structures look like.

First of the pain around the rim is from the Achilles Tendon have to work to stop the foot from just hitting the ground. The shooting pain is tendon healing usually. It can take up to six months to one year for bilateral heel pf releases to heal.

Tell me what plans the doctor has for you to help you get thru this.??

If you have been to physical therapy get there as soon as possible
Dr. Zuckeman

Kay S on 11/09/00 at 19:10 (032389)

You poor thing! I can relate to the frustration but it still makes me cringe when someone else explains their situation and I know just how it feels. One thing I will tell you---from my personal experience (9 weeks post op tarsal tunnel release), don't have anything more surgical done unless you are absolutely sure this will make you better! And if you know a good physical therapist who can examine your feet and how you walk and your muscle strength, etc., maybe that person can come up with some ideas for helping you. I'm amazed that you can be on your feet for ten minutes, though it sure doesn't sound like it's too comfortable! I hope you find something to help you here, but in the meantime, hang in there with us fellow sufferers!

Dr Zuckerman on 11/09/00 at 21:01 (032401)

Heel spur surgery on both feet is going to take a very long time to heel. So get to physical therapy as soon as possible to give your muscles and ligament, tendons in the best strenght and flexibility that you can while the heel spur surgey is healing. This could take up to and even longer then one year to heal