Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in hip and knee

Posted by Vicki A. on 11/09/00 at 21:15 (032405)

Message Number 32406
Re: To -Richard C.Ped/Arch Support/Braces View Thread
Posted by Beverly on 11/09/00 at 21:21

Richard,

Are you talking about that fabric that wraps around your arch and is sold in athletic stores? I have wondered about that for my arch pain. It never occurred to me that it would help with something else. Are you saying it also helps your PTT? As you know, I have PF and PTT.
Thanks,
Beverly

PS: Footsmart has several versions of this if I am understanding you correctly

Re: Pain in hip and knee

Dr. Biehler on 11/10/00 at 09:03 (032422)

When suffering from plantar fasciitis the body automaticaly changes its biomechanics to compensate for this. The leg doesn't fully rotate medialy to help take pressure off the plantar fascia. This puts strain on the hip. Sometimes the knee bends slightly and the hips rotate forward for the same reason. Along with shifting weight to the lateral side of the foot, all these changes add up and start to change the tension and lenght of your tendons and muscles ( accorting to Davis's Law). These changes take time to undue when the pain starts to go away. Dr. B

Re: Pain in hip and knee

Dr. Biehler on 11/10/00 at 09:03 (032422)

When suffering from plantar fasciitis the body automaticaly changes its biomechanics to compensate for this. The leg doesn't fully rotate medialy to help take pressure off the plantar fascia. This puts strain on the hip. Sometimes the knee bends slightly and the hips rotate forward for the same reason. Along with shifting weight to the lateral side of the foot, all these changes add up and start to change the tension and lenght of your tendons and muscles ( accorting to Davis's Law). These changes take time to undue when the pain starts to go away. Dr. B