Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HAVING DOUBTS

Posted by JILL on 11/10/00 at 06:33 (032412)

Message Number 32413
That is great advice, Nancy! View Thread
Posted by Bob G. on 11/10/00 at 06:45

Message Number 32414
Re: HAVING DOUBTS View Thread
Posted by Scott R on 11/10/00 at 07:32

The pain of the procedure and the pain after the procedure are not enough to worry about if the quality of your life has been decreased. For me, the worry about having the procedure was much more annoying than the procedure

Re: HAVING DOUBTS

john h on 11/10/00 at 11:56 (032442)

jill i had both feet done at once (ESWT) and had no pain to speak of after the procedure. i drove 120 miles and then walked through 2 airports and flew from washington to arkasas all in one day. go for the eswt! nothing to lose but possible your pain

Molly on 11/10/00 at 14:10 (032456)

Message Number 32457
Re: I feel your pain View Thread
Posted by john a on 11/10/00 at 14:33

The keys to happiness:

1. Eliminate desire.
2. Don't take offense.

and, of course,

3. Eliminate PF

Dr Zuckerman on 11/10/00 at 16:45 (032467)

Hi,
have you tried metatarsal padding to support the bones that are pressing on the front of your foot. just treating the heel pain is only part of your treatment. So try metatarsal padding to disperse the weight away from the nerves in your toes

Molly on 11/10/00 at 18:24 (032477)

Thanks Dr. Z... where do you suggest I get some of these, at the local drugstore?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/10/00 at 22:20 (032485)

yes

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/11/00 at 16:07 (032526)

Hi,

Getting your hair done is not the perfect comparison to ESWT. If you are in pain and still taking Vioxx and this helps only somewhat then
something else needs to be taked about. First of all ESWT is not the same as surgery. You aren't going to cut nerves , cut too much of the fascia. You do have to realize that you didn't get pf just over nite and then it will take time for it to work. The satisfaction rate with my patients over 82% After the twelve week update it will be higher. There is no surgery that can reach this level ov pain relief and or satisfaction. Being on a list for ESWT is a first great start. I have to now speak out since i can please don't think that I am arrogant or
think i know it all but here it goes.

1. DON'T go TO ANY DOCTOR THAT HASN'T done at least twenty ESWT procedure on the foot. The doctor must be trained in the care of foot and ankle and lower extremity diseases. He should have a background in the surgical treatment of heel pain period. JUST because he is Dr. such and such at such and such teaching institute has no bearing on his abilitity to use and perform ESWT.

Even though this is a poor example for comparisn of haircutting and ESWT it is a great comparison for the following. Would you let someone cut your hair who just got his first blow dryer. This is so important that I am going to make a new post to talk about this.

Abe on 11/16/00 at 18:28 (032873)

>
Will be evaluated on Nov 18th for ESW. The Doctors in Hawaii are not familiar with these procedures or even
heard of the OSSATRON. Most surgeons consider Podiatrist at a low level as far as expertise. Molly's comment
and Jill's comments versus John h comments run the gamut.....Are there any questions all of you should have asked
before accepting ESW?

john h on 11/10/00 at 11:56 (032442)

jill i had both feet done at once (ESWT) and had no pain to speak of after the procedure. i drove 120 miles and then walked through 2 airports and flew from washington to arkasas all in one day. go for the eswt! nothing to lose but possible your pain

Molly on 11/10/00 at 14:10 (032456)

Message Number 32457
Re: I feel your pain View Thread
Posted by john a on 11/10/00 at 14:33

The keys to happiness:

1. Eliminate desire.
2. Don't take offense.

and, of course,

3. Eliminate PF

Dr Zuckerman on 11/10/00 at 16:45 (032467)

Hi,
have you tried metatarsal padding to support the bones that are pressing on the front of your foot. just treating the heel pain is only part of your treatment. So try metatarsal padding to disperse the weight away from the nerves in your toes

Molly on 11/10/00 at 18:24 (032477)

Thanks Dr. Z... where do you suggest I get some of these, at the local drugstore?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/10/00 at 22:20 (032485)

yes

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/11/00 at 16:07 (032526)

Hi,

Getting your hair done is not the perfect comparison to ESWT. If you are in pain and still taking Vioxx and this helps only somewhat then
something else needs to be taked about. First of all ESWT is not the same as surgery. You aren't going to cut nerves , cut too much of the fascia. You do have to realize that you didn't get pf just over nite and then it will take time for it to work. The satisfaction rate with my patients over 82% After the twelve week update it will be higher. There is no surgery that can reach this level ov pain relief and or satisfaction. Being on a list for ESWT is a first great start. I have to now speak out since i can please don't think that I am arrogant or
think i know it all but here it goes.

1. DON'T go TO ANY DOCTOR THAT HASN'T done at least twenty ESWT procedure on the foot. The doctor must be trained in the care of foot and ankle and lower extremity diseases. He should have a background in the surgical treatment of heel pain period. JUST because he is Dr. such and such at such and such teaching institute has no bearing on his abilitity to use and perform ESWT.

Even though this is a poor example for comparisn of haircutting and ESWT it is a great comparison for the following. Would you let someone cut your hair who just got his first blow dryer. This is so important that I am going to make a new post to talk about this.

Abe on 11/16/00 at 18:28 (032873)

>
Will be evaluated on Nov 18th for ESW. The Doctors in Hawaii are not familiar with these procedures or even
heard of the OSSATRON. Most surgeons consider Podiatrist at a low level as far as expertise. Molly's comment
and Jill's comments versus John h comments run the gamut.....Are there any questions all of you should have asked
before accepting ESW?