Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The Heelspurs.com Mantra

Posted by Scott R on 11/10/00 at 17:37 (032472)

I was editing the book just now and thought of something. Rest was ranked the highest in our survey. From my experience, I can't disagree. Heel pain has a way of forcing people to give their feet a break. I need a catchy phrase everyone should keep in mind. Let me know of any phrases you can think of. Here's what I'm thinking of for the book:
========
'When in doubt, do it.'
========
It's really just an attitude I was forced to develop after a year of failure. At some point I began noticing that I was noticing (that wasn't a typo) the moments when I was contemplating the consequences of an activity. It was actually kind of sad to see the thought process that had developed and knowing that no one could understand, even if I could explain it. That's when I felt the most alone. It was like a terrorist: it was not just the pain, it was the looming threat of more pain, affecting every contemplation of going anywhere and doing anything. But the awakened awareness of the ever-present terror made me realize that I usually would suffer later by choosing to go ahead with the activity in question eventhough the pain during the activity was not that great. That's when I developed the 'When it doubt don't do it' and finally began to make progress. It relieved me of the decision process and transformed daily terrors into a daily wars of figuring out how to reduce activity without getting 'laid-off' or ridiculed for being different with no sign of affliction

Re: The Heelspurs.com Mantra

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/11/00 at 01:39 (032490)

how about rest your feet one pair must last a life time. I took this from the Dental mantra. Ingnore your teeth and they may go away

john h on 11/17/00 at 12:05 (032929)

i would guess spinal chord injuries will lead the list by 10-1 why people are confined to wheel chairs. i do not know where people like christopher reeves get their strength from to continue on???

john h on 11/17/00 at 12:08 (032931)

'Information will provide you the way'

john a on 11/17/00 at 12:21 (032932)

Not to belittle the paralyzed, but is Chris Reeves in any pain? Does he not have the money to pay people to attend to his every need?

john a on 11/21/00 at 13:22 (033242)

I know that PF really is no where near as bad as being paralyzed from the neck down. Really, I do. But sometimes PF just makes me feel like I am paralyzed from the waist down.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/11/00 at 01:39 (032490)

how about rest your feet one pair must last a life time. I took this from the Dental mantra. Ingnore your teeth and they may go away

john h on 11/17/00 at 12:05 (032929)

i would guess spinal chord injuries will lead the list by 10-1 why people are confined to wheel chairs. i do not know where people like christopher reeves get their strength from to continue on???

john h on 11/17/00 at 12:08 (032931)

'Information will provide you the way'

john a on 11/17/00 at 12:21 (032932)

Not to belittle the paralyzed, but is Chris Reeves in any pain? Does he not have the money to pay people to attend to his every need?

john a on 11/21/00 at 13:22 (033242)

I know that PF really is no where near as bad as being paralyzed from the neck down. Really, I do. But sometimes PF just makes me feel like I am paralyzed from the waist down.