Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Intra-Sonic/footloose in Berlin

Posted by Julie F on 11/12/00 at 07:27 (032574)

Message Number 32575
Re: Does Ibuprofen Cream help? View Thread
Posted by Julie F on 11/12/00 at 07:30

Scott, I've occasionally used Ibuprofen gel, which is available OTC here in England, and which I assume is the same as the cream. It has had no noticeable effect for me, whereas I find Ibuprofen tablets, which I use very occasionally, effective.

Re: Intra-Sonic/footloose in Berlin

Dr. Biehler on 11/12/00 at 11:20 (032582)

Every time I try to pull up the web site I get knocked off line, The other doctors might be having the same problem. The device might be doing a goog job. With ultrasound, the danger is causing a bone burn. The greatest effect if where the density of the body parts change. Dr. B.

Julie F on 11/12/00 at 12:53 (032593)

Thanks a lot, Dr Biehler - I was beginning to think I was invisible (or inaudible?) I've just accessed the http://www.novafon.co.uk website again and had no trouble - maybe it's a transatlantic blip.

I sent for their brochure (newer than the one that came with mine 8 years ago). It is careful to explain the difference between ultrasonic and intrasonic sound waves:

'Sound waves are divided into three groups:

1. Infrasonic - below approx 16hz (too low to be heard)
2. Intrasonic - from approx 16hz to 20,000 hz. This is the frequency band within which Novasonic Therapy works.
3. Ultrasonic - above 20,000 hz. is used extensively in the medical profession. Ultrasound works faster than intrasonic because of the large number of sound waves produced per second. As a result, their use must be carefully controlled and administered by a qualified person - unlike intrasonic which is perfectly safe and has no side effects.'

How does this sound to you? If my recent dramatic improvement after 3 months of slow progress really is attributable to the use of intrasonic therapy, I would like others to know about it. But I am terrified of 'recommending' something that might do harm. I understand about the effect of long-term ultrasound as you describe it. The question is, would lower frequency sound waves also have a bone-burning effect?

All the best, Julie

Barbara TX on 11/12/00 at 13:48 (032597)

Dr. B: Could you tell us a little about 'bone burn' and how it happens? How is it treated? Thank you very much. B.

Dr. Biehler on 11/12/00 at 11:20 (032582)

Every time I try to pull up the web site I get knocked off line, The other doctors might be having the same problem. The device might be doing a goog job. With ultrasound, the danger is causing a bone burn. The greatest effect if where the density of the body parts change. Dr. B.

Julie F on 11/12/00 at 12:53 (032593)

Thanks a lot, Dr Biehler - I was beginning to think I was invisible (or inaudible?) I've just accessed the http://www.novafon.co.uk website again and had no trouble - maybe it's a transatlantic blip.

I sent for their brochure (newer than the one that came with mine 8 years ago). It is careful to explain the difference between ultrasonic and intrasonic sound waves:

'Sound waves are divided into three groups:

1. Infrasonic - below approx 16hz (too low to be heard)
2. Intrasonic - from approx 16hz to 20,000 hz. This is the frequency band within which Novasonic Therapy works.
3. Ultrasonic - above 20,000 hz. is used extensively in the medical profession. Ultrasound works faster than intrasonic because of the large number of sound waves produced per second. As a result, their use must be carefully controlled and administered by a qualified person - unlike intrasonic which is perfectly safe and has no side effects.'

How does this sound to you? If my recent dramatic improvement after 3 months of slow progress really is attributable to the use of intrasonic therapy, I would like others to know about it. But I am terrified of 'recommending' something that might do harm. I understand about the effect of long-term ultrasound as you describe it. The question is, would lower frequency sound waves also have a bone-burning effect?

All the best, Julie

Barbara TX on 11/12/00 at 13:48 (032597)

Dr. B: Could you tell us a little about 'bone burn' and how it happens? How is it treated? Thank you very much. B.