Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ultrasound

Posted by Laurie on 11/13/00 at 14:37 (032666)

Message Number 32668
Re: Need a product manufactured View Thread
Posted by john h on 11/13/00 at 15:19

i guess my scoop was no scoop at all. this does look like an excelent product. does it not meet your criteria for an adjustable board? i was sort of like the networks i declared a product before the polls closed.

Re: Ultrasound

Dr. Biehler on 11/13/00 at 18:15 (032674)

Unless the ultrasound machine is set on pulse, it is possible to get a bone burn if the wand is held in one area too long or if there is any kind of metal in the area being treated. Technicians are usually well trained in this. The ultrasound causes heat where there is a change in tissue density so you have to be careful n bony areas.. This allows the heat to penatrate deep and do some good. It causes dialation of the blood vessels so the whole area usually feels warm after a treatment. Bone burns can hurt. Dr. B.

Re: Ultrasound

Dr. Biehler on 11/13/00 at 18:15 (032674)

Unless the ultrasound machine is set on pulse, it is possible to get a bone burn if the wand is held in one area too long or if there is any kind of metal in the area being treated. Technicians are usually well trained in this. The ultrasound causes heat where there is a change in tissue density so you have to be careful n bony areas.. This allows the heat to penatrate deep and do some good. It causes dialation of the blood vessels so the whole area usually feels warm after a treatment. Bone burns can hurt. Dr. B.